stainless steel coating mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by cornetdom, Oct 24, 2010.

1. cornetdom

cornetdom Member

Hello
    i bought a mouthpiece from america which had been coated stainless steel i really like it and i want my old mouthpiece i like coated in stainless steel, i was wondering if anyone knew someone who does stainless steel coating for mouthpieces thats not expensive

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    coating mouthpieces
    mouthpiece
    someone
    mouthpieces
    coating
  3. Despot

Despot Member

Are you sure it was plated, and not made of steel?

I'm not sure if you can get something plated in steel....??

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think the only way in could be made from stainless steel would be for it to be made completely from a single piece of stainless bar which was then lathed down. As said above stainless steel is something you cant have plated - chrome, silver or gold yes.

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'm not plating expert, but in my (admittedly mostly industrial) experience I've never come across anyone plating brass with stainless steel. Are you sure the whole mouthpiece isn't stainless?

As Francis has said a stainless mouthpiece could be turned from a billet relatively easily. It'll cost more than a brass plated mouthpiece as stainless costs more and is more difficult, and time-consuming to machine.

I'm not sure that helps though....:rolleyes:

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Here you go

"[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Solid Titanium and Surgical grade Stainless Steel!!! Designed for professional musicians, and made by a master machinist. All of our mouthpieces are made on CNC lathes that hold tolerances of .0005. This manufacturing along with the use of robotics to polish our mouthpieces means our products are consistent and absolutely perfect from mouthpiece to mouthpiece"

[/FONT]
    http://www.gwmouthpieces.com/designs.html

7. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Also available for Trombone/Euphonium/Baritone/Tuba from Kelly Mouthpieces.

Regards,

Darryl

8. cornetdom

cornetdom Member

sorry i forgot to say it was made out of a block of stainless steel and wasnt coated