Staging a Comeback

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andrew W, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Andrew W

Andrew W New Member

I played trumpet in junior high and I loved the instrument. Unfortunately, some disagreements with the a band instructor didn't do much for my motivation (that, and I was bored with the class). Funnily enough, it was Contrane that renewed my interest in the trumpet. I picked up the instrument the other day expecting to start where I left off (yes, foolish in retrospect).

I picked up the fingerings quick enough, but I'm having some real trouble with my embouchure. I can run through the scales after warming up, but there's some struggling; especially on the low end. The mouthpiece is 7C, but it feels small. Maybe it's the lack of practice, but it's actually leaving a red mark (not the most attractive thing, if nothing else).

I'd like, if at all possible, to bring myself up to speed. Any tips?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    junior high
    much
    mark
    interest
    fingerings
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Make sure you use correct air support to play extended phrases and work on your buzz technique covering full range. Whatever you do, don't force the buzz using pressure against the teeth or by blowing out your cheeks! Oh, and see a brass tutor to get one-2-one advice!

There was another recent thread discussing this topic. Link is below!

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27560