STAGG SUPERBONE - Anyone got info on this instrument

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eupho1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Im looking to purchase a Stagg Superbone. Can anyone give me info on this instrument. Are they any good?
  2. fsteers

fsteers Member

Can't speak to their superbone, but the Stagg euphs and bass trombones I've tried were ****, even for beginner instruments.Check out this thread on
  3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

On the other hand the trumpets, cornets and horns that I've tried have been excellent value.
  4. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Why would you be looking to purchase one if you don't know if they're any good or not???????
  5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Because they are a fraction of the price of a Holton - at a price where they are worth a punt just for the sheer hell of it perhaps ??
  6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

It's still several hundred quid down the drain for a instrument whose only sensible application will be noodling around at home...
  7. GordonH

GordonH Member

I understand that Holton have hundreds of unsold Superbones in stock. How you would get one here in the Uk is anybody's guess, but if you wanted one the Holton would be a superior instrument.
  8. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Thanks for comments. I have heard a few demos on youtube for the Holton Superbone which sound fantastic but have not heard the Stagg, and yes, the STagg Copy of the Holton is around £1.5K less.
  9. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Thats why Im asking !!!!