St Stythians Band, Cornwall, Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by pickle me branston, Nov 6, 2005.

1. pickle me branston

pickle me branston New Member

Due to recent and future departures, the band are on the lookout for new principal cornet and tutti cornet players.

St Stythians Band prides itself on providing fun-filled concerts and brilliant social events, as we feel that banding is a hobby, and should be an enjoyable experience for all of our members. We accept new players on both a full-time and part-time basis, and realise that employment comes before banding. We have a diverse mixture of youth and experience, with an age range of over 60 years between our oldest and youngest member.

The bandroom is located in Stithians, right in the centre of Cornwall. Stithians is a 10 minute drive from Redruth, Camborne, Truro, Penryn, Falmouth and Helston, and a 30 minute drive from St Austell, Newquay, Penzance and St Ives. Our members live in or around most of these towns, and can provide lifts if required.

pay a visit to for further information, or PM me
    if you are interested in joining. If you are interested in playing with us, but dont play on one of the listed vacant seats, WE WOULD STILL LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

-will update this thread when we get more news on these vacancies-
  2. pickle me branston

pickle me branston New Member

oh excuse my spelling of Cornwall, still havent quite recovered from Pontins!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Corrected the spelling for you, and good luck in the search for players ;)
  4. bells of destiny

bells of destiny New Member

weve stumbled across a new cornet player, who will play on tutti cornet with us on a part-time basis

vacancies now include principal and solo/rep cornet. we will always welcome some new faces on the back row as well.

any cornet players in Cornwall looking for a band, you now know where to go!

pay a visit to if you are interested