St Stythians Band, Cornwall - Horn, Euph, Cornet, Trombone or whatever really!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by cornishgiant, Mar 18, 2014.

1. cornishgiant

cornishgiant New Member

After our excellent 3rd place at the regional championships in Torquay we are looking to complete the band for our busy and exciting summer season! This year will include the recording of a new CD and our usual summer program playing Sunday nights at the Princess Pavilions in Falmouth and Wednesday nights at the Falmouth Hotel as well as other concerts! We may also enter the Bugle contest....

So yes, we are pretty busy!

So, about us. We are genuinely friendly and welcoming 3rd section band. The band practices on Monday and Wednesday nights in its own bandroom in Stithians. So why not come along and try us out? For any more information please do contact our band secretary Ian at stithiansband@gmail.com or by callin 07590 679690

The vacancies that we are keen to fill are below, but will never turn away interested committed players!

The vacancies are as follows:

Cornets: Position by negotiation, but ideally back row

2nd Tenor Horn

2nd Trombone (to bolster our trombone line and to help bring on our excellent youth trombone players)

2nd Euphonium

An additional percussionist

A warm welcome and good times await you!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Verdana
    Trombone
    band
    Cornet
    Euph
  3. cornishgiant

cornishgiant New Member

Time for a quick bump....

4. cornishgiant

cornishgiant New Member

and another bump!!

5. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Though a long way away I know that Stythians is a great little community; my parents retired there over three decades ago and were made very welcome. The people haven't changed much, I know a young local player originally from Stythians and she's just great.

Stythians has a very long tradition of banding and, as I recall, a good pupose built band room in the village. Looking at the league tables they are also doing very well. :clap: If I wasn't four hours drive away I'd want to join or at least go along for a blow and help out if I could. :)

6. cornishgiant

cornishgiant New Member

we'll see you next time you are down 2nd tenor! Always welcome for a blow!!