St Pauls Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Wonky_Baton, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

I am going to St Pauls Huddersfield for the area test piece workshop organised by the association of brass band conductors and taken by Philip McCann. However although I know how to get to Huddersfield (eventually after a night in Leeds), I have no idea where St Pauls is!! Can anyone help?? :?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Huddersfield
    St Pauls
    St Pauls Huddersfield
    Philip McCann
    Leeds
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

4. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Yeah it is part of the uni - done a couple of concerts there

not good at giving dricetions, but i think its on the 'ring road' type thing around huddersfeild and you can't really miss it big chuch on the corner
    :?

Not much help i know!

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

yea its on the ring road... the link above shows it on a map, along with a full addy...

Just put the post code into MapQuest or something WB, and ta daaaa :)

6. Wonky_Baton

Cheers Naomi

Even I shouldn't get lost!! The girlfriend studied music there but wasn't sure where St Pauls was. Must of been concentrating on the course too much!! :roll:

7. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

(Without reading replies!)

Literally on the site of the Uni ... which itself is on the ring road just off Storehead Roundabout. It's very easy to find. Easiest way (considering you might be hungover!) is to just find the ring road and keep driving around till it comes into view!

I'll be playing in the band so see'ya there!

8. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

You can't miss it. Big church building at the very front enterance of the university as you go round the ring-road. Just follow the signs to the university as you enter Huddersfield. See you on Sunday morning!!

9. Wonky_Baton

There will be no might about it, otherwise I might as well of stayed at home doing my knitting rather than spending a fortune for a hotel in Leeds!! :lol:

Looking forward to hearing all tMPers playing in the band. Is there any other conductors going I dont want a private show!! :?

10. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Ha Ha, there should be, I know mine is going.

11. I hated that day!

BTW i was the 'solo' Bb Bass player

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Huddersfield
    St Pauls
    St Pauls Huddersfield
    Philip McCann
    Leeds
  13. Wonky_Baton

I must say the band were excellent and very patient. Mind that Phil Mccann took no prisoners. If he had spoken to me like he did to some of the band he would have been wearing my bass!! The girlfriend says he is a lot milder than when she studied at Huddersfield to so god knows what he is like behing closed doors. He did work the band well and i learned a lot though:)

I left after 2 hours of Partita for a liquid lunch and to talk about the test piece :wink: so it must have finished quite late. Good to see Davy Morton again and its was a valiant attempt by him to look intelligent by wearing glasses!! :lol:

Loads of pubs seem to have sprung up in Huddersfield and wished I had a night there instead of Leeds. Maybe next time..... 8)

14. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Well glad you found it ok, most of us were suffering from lack of sleep and food!!
    Oh well it only happens once a year I guess!! Think McCann restrained himself quite well, wish you could see him in our 'normal' rehearsals.

15. Wonky_Baton

Watching yes but not playing. I dont take criticism well. Had one conductor from the TA by the throat after one practice. Wonder why I never got any stripes!! :? I was talking to Jim Hayes from Glasgow CWS and he said he would love to get the me and Phil in the same room so he could laugh!!