St Ives band jobs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Jul 27, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm gonna be in St. Ives for my jollies between the 13th and 19th of August and just wondered if there were any band jobs on in that general area that I could come and watch while I'm down there?

A date/time and location would be super if poss! (Oh yeah, and which band you are in of course if it's not already in your sig!)

Thank you. ;) :tup

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    St Ives
    area
    St. Ives
    band
    band jobs
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Last time we were in St Ives in 2001 local bands played on the harbourside on several nights a week.
    I heard St Stythians, Hayle Town and Lanner and District - it's a beautiful setting and very atmospheric.
    - Ian Wilkinson - Kippax (UK Coal) Band - Leeds.

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Cheers, I've been to St Ives a number of times and caught a couple of bands playing on the harbour near the lifeboat house over the last few years, and you're right, it is a lovely setting.

Of course, I didn't know of any tMPers back then!

Just wondered if there were any full blown concerts going on anywhere local.

5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

We used to play at St Ives during the summer...of course, seaguls were always a problem...we no longer have a solo horn part of "One Moment In Time..." :rolleyes:

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Sounds like the Seagull knows what it was doing ;)

7. bells of destiny

bells of destiny New Member

St Stythians have 2 concerts during your stay in Cornwall, including the St Columb Carnival on the 13th and a concert with international staff band conductor steven cobb on the 14th. we have several cornet players away for these concerts, so it would be fantastic if you could come and play with us. we have players who live in St Ives who could give you a lift.

pm me or pay a visit to our site www.ststythiansband.co.uk if youre interested

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

shame your no tnearer to us, were on hols at the same time, down near Saltash!!
    we could have had a boc together!!!

9. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Hi Crawford - I'm in Cornwall at the moment - just missed you! St Brewards band play every Thursday on the Platt at Port Isaac - a lovely spot with nice pub next door. I recommend you look at the Events Diary on IBEW (and print it off like I did :biggrin: ) so you don't miss anything!

Have a good holiday.

D