St Andrews Uni tuba player - looking for a band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Moy, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

I have a tuba player Eb/Bb going to St Andrews Uni after summer.
    Any band looking for tuba player?
    He bought a Bb but is good on Eb as well. Did advanced higher music and passed. All in 1 year.
    He wants to play in a brass band - good lad - well trained lol [​IMG]
    Will require transport.
  2. ericthered

ericthered Member

The nearest band is the Tayport Instrumental Band based in Tayport a short bus ride away from St Andrews. Knowing the band however, they are a friendly lot, a lift would probably be arranged.

Tayport are also a good band for University of Dundee students if they are any out there. ;)

They have a mix of young and *cough* more mature players, Kevin, but the atmosphere is bang on. :tup

3. Ali.Syme

Ali.Syme Member

The University itself has a lot of groups who could use a tuba - small ensembles and maybe even a big band.

Maybe he could even start a brass band!

Best of luck to him!
  4. B4ssman

B4ssman New Member

Another band in the area is Buckhaven and Methil Miners Band. We have a number of St Andrews students already playing for us and would you believe it we have a vacancy in the bass section so you would be more than Welcome.

Please find contact details at
  5. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Dunfermline Town Band may be worth a look as well. 3rd Section runners up and off to Harrogate. Send me a message and I'll give you the details.

All the best
  6. AlanD

AlanD Member

Hi Moy,

I think Tom may have spoken to you already, but Tullis Russell are looking for a Bb Bass player.

I'll PVT you details.