Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Puritan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Puritan

Puritan Member

So who was the Salvation Army Band on Spooks last night ? Quite possible it was just actors,but definitely a S.A March being played in the background.
  2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

The march was "Bognor Regis" (Les Condon), sad BOC that I am; can't help with the band, though. No conductor, apparently ...
  3. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

Could be a Scratch Band. Some times I understand a request will come in to Territorial HQ from a TV company for a band, rather than asking a Corps Band to Turn out a group of SA employees and/or officers will get together and go down to the set. So you may never know.

May be a Fellowship band if they all looked over 55ish as many of the members will be retired and will have the time to hang round for filming. So there's a another possibility.

MMU and/or PR units at UK THQ will know for certain.
  4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Or Fulham in disguise? They are the well-known TV band after all? ;)
  5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Often the TV companies dont even go to THQ. Bandsmen at our corps appeared as the ubiquitous SA christmas Carrollers on Corri for a couple of years, via an approach to DHQ.
  6. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

The band was a scratch group of Salvationists from the London area.
    It was recorded in the spring and it was pretty cold. The actress (I don't know here name) only took her big thick coat off when the cameras were rolling.
    It's so long ago that I can't remember everyone who played although the request for 'a bit more movement' from the director was quite easily achieved by Stephen Hanover on tenor horn!