Sponsored weight loss

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by PeterBale, Aug 2, 2005.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

(Posted on behalf of I bang AND Blow)

SPONSORED WEIGHT – LOSS

Laura Dawson

Weight - loss period - 01 / 08 / 2005 – 30 / 09 / 2005

I have decided to raise funds for 3 cancer charities by doing a sponsored weight – loss between above dates. During these 9 weeks, I will be working hard to try and shed as many pounds as possible.
    It would be fantastic if you would agree to sponsor me for each lb of weight loss. For example, if you were to sponsor me for £1 per lb lost and I lose 10 lbs, you would pay £10.
    My target is a total loss of 21 lbs. I have been weighed in front of a witness on 01/08/2005 and I will disclose my before and after weights on 30 / 09 / 2005, at the end of the sponsored weight loss period.
    I am absolutely mortified at the thought of disclosing my weight to everybody, so you’d better get your hands in your pockets and make it worthwhile!!!
    All money received will be divided equally between the following charities:-

Cancer Research
    The Christie Hospital
    The Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Cancer Unit

The amount you sponsor me for is entirely up to you, but please give as much as you can afford as it is for a very good cause!
    If you would like to sponsor me, please add your details to the form provided.

Thanking you in advance for your generosity.

Wish me luck!

Laura Dawson

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. Thanks for that Peter.

If anyone would like to sponsor me , they can either fill in the excel form or send me an e-mail at laura_louise_dawson (at )hotmail.com (removed @ sign so I don't get spammed to death).

3. euphiwoo

euphiwoo Member

Hi,

well done you, what a great cause!! i'll definitely sponsor you. i've tried to access the excel form but it won't load up!

4. Kate

You will have a form to fill in by hand up in the bandroom on Thursday. Should have been last night but a certain person forgot to display it..... Will you get on his case if he forgets again on Thursday?

Anyone else having trouble accessing the form can e-mail on the address given previously.

Thanks everyone!

Laura

5. euphiwoo

euphiwoo Member

typical men!!!!!

sure, no problems!! i'm sure you'll get plenty of support from us lot! keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on

6. vonny

vonny Member

hi laura,

I think it is brilliant what you are doing and a worth while cause to! I would like to sponsor you, so i will email you soon for details.

All the best!

Yvonne