Spider in the Bathroom

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Lisa, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

There is a really huuuuuuuuuge spider in the bathroom in the bath and I really don't know what to do! I'm completely terrified of spiders - completely irrational i know - and this one is really big and black with a blobby body.
    It has been sitting in the bath since last night and I am all on my own until tomorrow. I really need a shower tonight!
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get rid of it without going anywhere near it?

Pleeeeeeeease help! :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bathroom
    Does
    huuuuuuuuuge spider
    black
    blobby body
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Here's how to do it, now you gotta be a big brave girl. ;) Get a big glass and and sheet of paper. Put the glass over the spider and slide the paper under neath. Make sure before you start you have a window or door open you can quickly get to. Scoop up spider and launch.

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Do you have a large beerglass or other such object with a wide mouth? Place it over the spider then get some very stiff card and slide it inderneath. I assume you just dont want to wash it down the drain?

Carefully pick up the card and glass, making sure the spider can't get out and take the whole lot outside and put it down on the floor. Do it while it's still light and you can see the beast. With a long stick, knock the lid off the glass.

Suggestion - don't do this with a jug or anything with an uneven lid. The largest spider you have ever seen will soon work out how to get out of that!

BTW that is a tidger compared to the ones we used to get in Tyldesley. One crawled under the door one night and nearly lifted it off the hinges. It was nearly 8 inches across - and no, I'm not kidding. It has been a long, long time since I moved that fast. Trust me.

5. Lisa

Lisa Member

No, I don't want to wash it down the drain as it's wriggling legs in the water will scare me - and it could come back up the plughole once I have washed it down. And also it's at the far end of the bath so I would have a long time to watch it struggling in the water...

The putting some sort of glass over it sounds like the best idea (although not a glass becasue I don't want to be able to see it). Only slight problem is that it's on the side of the bath so will be a little tricky!

As for the spider not being that big, it's ****** big enough!! :eek:

Ok, I'm going to attempt to remove it now...wish me luck :(

6. Di

Di Active Member

Good luck. Here's a Mumsie hug to send you on your way.

[​IMG]

7. Di

Di Active Member

And I better move us to Totally Random. ;) See you over there.

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Awwww, thanks!
    But I just can't do it. I stood there staring at it, with a baked beans tin in one hand and cardboard in the other, but I just physically couldn't make myself move any closer to it :(

Now i'm getting wound up because I HAVE to get rid of it!

9. andyp

andyp Active Member

The pint glass works best - mind you I once tried to trap one that was too big for the glass to fit over!
    ( I have a wife who thinks any spider over half an inch wide is a tarantula!)

10. Di

Di Active Member

How about thinking of a really nice treat for yourself as a reward for bravery?

Failing that, have you got a friendly neighbour you can ask to pop in and dispose of it for you?

11. Di

Di Active Member

Just think, you pluck up the courage and do this this once, with us all behind you, and you'll be able to do it again and again. :biggrin: It'll be Lisa 1 - Spider 0 ;)

Have you got a pair of gloves? Put on something with long sleeves and put the gloves over the ends of the sleeves. That way there is NO WAY the thingy can crawl up your arms. ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bathroom
    Does
    huuuuuuuuuge spider
    black
    blobby body
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Come on Lisa, you can do it.

Gimme an L

Gimme an I

Gimme an S

Gimme an A

LISA :clap::clap::clap: LISA :clap::clap::clap: LISA :clap::clap::clap:

14. Lisa

Lisa Member

I did it! I did it! I did it! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (Well, my next door neighbour did it anyway!)
    It's gone!!!!!!! WOohoo! I'm just soooooo overcome with relief now!
    Thanks for all the support Dinie! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    I'm really emotional now from all the fear and excitment! I need to wind down! Phew!

15. Di

Di Active Member

Yaaaay, well done.

Never a better time for a nice long soak in a bubbly bath with a little tipple ;)

16. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yeah, i'm feeling a lot calmer now and a nice bath sounds great!
    I have to say though, i'm a little disappointed now that I didn't get rid of it myself. I feel like I failed in overcoming my fears! :( I almost want another spider to appear so that I can try to get rid of it all on my own...!

17. Di

Di Active Member

Aww well. Its gone now. Maybe next time you fetch the neighbour in, but instead of them getting rid of it, they stand back as emergency back up/support. ;)

18. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

OK, the problem is solved this time, but here is a hint for next time. Now I know that this is rather harsh coming from a sensitive soul like myself. Boil a kettle, pour the boiling water on "Boris", then wash the dead "Boris" down the plughole.

I will leave you with a poem.

One by one they adavanced on the child,
    Sliently crawling, in a long line,
    Until they reached his shabby foot, where they stopped,
    At an order to weave and twine.

They spun and spun their glittering webs,
    Over his feet, and up his legs,
    Onto his thighs and up to his chest, where they promptly stopped,
    To have a rest.

Then they started to spin again,
    Over his head, and into his hair,
    Where the boy awoke, to find that he was trapped,
    In a giant spiders lair.

19. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Do you guys have any indigenous poisonous spiders in the UK?

I ask because my rule of thumb is that if I can't ID it straightaway as a non-poisonous spider - Splat!

Forget this 'glass and cardstock' trapping the little bugger - he'll be back. He got in once, after all. "Splat!" is much more permanent and reassuring.

20. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

I can't believe you could possibly be so cruel. That's just pure evil :mad:

Lisa, I think you should invest in one of those insect catcher contraptions that you can purchase from one a certain company who put brochures through your door & sell all sorts of cleaners/mops/metal polish etc etc etc. They're a clear perspex box on a LONG handle that have a trap door. Keep meaning to get myself one but I'm pretty ok with spiders. It's moths & daddy long legs that make my skin crawl :eek:

21. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

LISA!! you've sent your spider down to devon haven't you?? He's currently residing on the tiles in my bath :( I were guna have a shower but now I can't cos he'll move when I turn it on :(

and he's at the top of the wall so no glass and card technique will work here :( someone come and save me!!

EDIT: Aaaaarghh I went back to see if the little bugger had gone and there's TWO now :(

22. Lisa

Lisa Member

Mwahahaha!! :evil::tongue::cool:

You could always try what Mr Cornet King suggested to me...just ask the spiders politely if they would mind moving out of the bathroom whilst you have a shower. I didn't try it so let me know if it works!

I am still traumatised by my encounter the other day - I had a horrible dream last night in which spiders were appearing all over the house, and I was going around trying to hoover them all up but they wouldn't go up the hoover :(

I don't mind moths and daddy long legs at all - in fact I find it quite amusing to catch daddy-long legs by their legs! My friend is terrified of them though as she can't cope with the idea of a flying spider.