Speed Trap

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, Mar 2, 2004.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Ingenius!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A police officer had a perfect hiding place for watching for speeders along a well travelled stretch of road. The location, at a bend in the road, allowed him to hide his car out of sight of oncoming traffic while setting up his radar to nab any speeders who passed by. He had used this location successfully a number of times, especially on holidays, and decided to use it again one Bank Holiday weekend.

The officer arrived at his hiding place and set himself up, settling down to wait for the first speeders to appear. After a half hour or so the officer hadn't seen anybody speeding. In fact most of the cars that passed him were travelling exactly at the speed limit, and some of the passengers in the passing cars were even smiling and waving at him. He couldn't believe this was happening since his hiding place was so well concealed.

Finally, after realising that virtually all the passing cars knew he was there, the officer decided that something was wrong and went to investigate. He got out of his car and walked up the road a short distance. About 100 yards before his hiding place the officer found the problem: a 10 year old boy was standing on the side of the road with a huge hand painted sign which said "RADAR TRAP AHEAD." A little more investigative work led the officer to the boy's accomplice, another boy about 100 yards beyond the radar trap with a sign reading "TIPS" and a bucket at his feet, full of change.
  2. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I dont understand why people get caught speeding anyway. There are always signs there anyway. And we had a talk from a bloke from 'arrivalive', the company that is in charge of speed cameras not the police. And by law they are only allowed to put cameras in accident hotspots where there has been 4or more accidents ina year. And he gave us a map of the area we live in to tell us where the cameras are!!!
  3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I don't understand why people speed in the first place...

4. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yes they can only put CAMERAs where there have been lots of accidents, they can sit with their radars anywhere... when I was pulled over the guy said "Do you know how many accidents we've had along this road in the last year" "No" I replied, guiltily expecting many millions caused by the huge population of ramblers stumbling on roads in the middle of nowhere perhaps... "One" he said... I still don't know if he was just taking the mick or not...