Speech, speech...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Jul 5, 2004.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I never imagined this day would come 8 short months ago, but having reached 2500 posts, I'd like to thank my boss for not checking the internet usage records too often, the IT support team for not caring, and everyone else who has entirely ignored the fact that I do no work, ever... oh it's just so emotional, I can't carry on.... :cry:

ps. admittedly this is my 2501st post but I wasted number 2500 on wishing Scraping the Bottom happy birthday, and that obviously wasn't good enough...
  2. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Congratulations Mr Lynch!!!

Who did you say you work for???? :lol:

May you spend many more content hours on tMP!
  3. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*Aimee_Euph gives Lynchie the clap Shocker!!*

I can see the headline now!
  5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Good on you lynchie. Keep it up! ;-)
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Good to see you'll be a fine upstanding example of a british engineer when you qualify mate. Did you want me to write a referance for you....... :wink:
  7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Fantastic speech!! Maybe I should start preparing my own... :roll:
  8. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Distinguished guests, mods, admins, ladies and gentlemen.
    The time has come for me to address you all for the first time as a Prime Friend.

Primarily I'd like to thank each and every one of you for pretending to take interest in my inane drivel. You have all found time to discuss, divulge and debate with me on topics that you probably have little care about. I'm unsure whether it would've been better to ignore me completely or just appease me as you do. In any case, thank you.

Secondly I'd like to thank the mods and admin for providing such a valuable means of surviving my job whilst maintaining some (all be it minimal) level of sanity. I've received a couple of warnings from 'them upstairs' yet they saw clear to allow me to continue plaguing you all with my pointless bullshit. I thank you.

Finally I'd like to take a moment to contemplate The Beatles; the MUFC Midfield; the Seasons; the Horn sections across the land; the year of your birth; the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Primes and Lifers.

I pay homage to these and all fine 4-figured fellows.
    I join, respect, admire, love and thank you all.
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

...Such a moving speech :cry: ...
  10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

that was beautiful man... welcome to the club!
  11. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

** snifs** bootifull dude ** sniffs**

welcome to the club, although i believe i shall be leaving this fine club and moving on up to a higher plain.

live long and prosper dude