Special Concert (Please Read)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Steve, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Hi all,

We are organising a suprise concert for Trevor Groom in early december, the date will be confirmed shortly as will the venue.

Travelsphere Holidays are supplying the nucleus of the band (Trevors GUS connection obviously) as well as a few guest players from throughout Trevors carrer.

We are making a book for Trevor and are looking for comments from Bands he has played / worked with as well as the countries top bands as either a congratulations or a thank you. Please please PM me with all the contact details you can muster up, this will make Trevor a very happy man. If you can help in any way please let me know.

Thank you.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Why not simply get people to post here on tMP in this thread then present this to him in printed format at the concert...??

We recently did this for Dave Payne who had no idea there was a thread for him (sorry Dave) and I hear he was delighted with what he read.
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

You bet I was! Can't thank you enough! ;-)
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've made this into a "sticky" so that everyone gets a chance to see it and respond.
  5. Steve

Steve Active Member

This is from the woman in charge...............The concert is for Trevor`s 70th birthday. It is 4th December 2004 at the McKinley Theatre, Kettering.
    Tickets are £5.00 (any proceeds from the evening will be donated to a charity of Trevor`s choice). There will also be a display of memorabilia from Munn & Feltons/ GUS days which may be of interest to all bandsmen. I am compiling a keepsake album which will be presented on the evening to Trevor so if anyone would like to contribute by forwarding a card/message/email I will put it in there. Contact: Margaret Betts, Tithe Farm, 3 Ham Lane, Ringstead, Kettering, Northants. NN14 4AT Tel 01933 670903 (day) 01933 624694 (evening) 07833 663448 (mobile) bettsm@vredestein.com.
    Order your tickets early to avoid disappointment (they are going already) .
    Ask everyone to spread the word to who they think maight be interested cos its going to be hard to advertise for fear of him finding out.
    Should be a great night if we can pull it off.

If anyone wants to put a message on here we will print off the thread and add it to Trevors messages, remember to put your names though!!!!!
  6. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

What if Trevor reads tMP - won't be much of a surprise then. Perhaps Uncle Eric will spill the beans first...

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

Trevor doesnt use the internet so as long as no one tells him he wont find out!!