Spare part needed for Antoine Courtois Cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornetkate, Mar 19, 2008.

1. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone knows of a supplier who can get me a spare part for my cornet.

Very difficult to describe the part I need but basically it is a small plastic part that fits around the screw on the first trigger (not a very technical explanation but hopefully you get the idea!:oops:).

If anyone knows of anyone who may be able to help please pm

Cornetkate :)
  2. peps

peps New Member

I think I know the bit that you are talking about, its just like a small rubber pipe? I reckon if you went to an arts or crafts shop you could pick up a bit that would do the job if you cut it down to size.
  3. Frontman

Frontman Member

Have a word with Paul Andrews, MD of Wire Brass and owner of Brass Toff Instrument repairs. You can contact him via
  4. Mephi

Mephi Member

I've had these problems in the past cornetkate, whether I've lost the fiddly little blighter or its simply split/fallen apart. As a stopgap I've used either ptfe tape or well stretched insulation tape, these don't do exactly the same job but the rocker arm does move over it well enough and I managed with my cornet like that for months! Its a bit fiddly doing it but like i said, it gets you through. Worth a try!
  5. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Many thanks for the above replies and I'm now sorted.

I've used the refill part of a pen, cut it to size and it fits fine... so just I'd update the thread in case anyone else has the same problem.

Cornetkate :)
  6. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Psstt, do you want a job as an engineer? that sort of innovation is just the thing needed. Well thought out and done.