Spare instruments for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Texus, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Texus

Texus Member

Evening all,
    i have been approached to set up a schools brass band system in kent, and i'm looking to buy or loan a significant amount of brass band instruments. If you know of any available hidden in your cupboards could you please let me know. We are looking to fund and set up a "treble" sized junior band, so the more the merrier!

Thanks, Texus

2. Bungle

Bungle Member

Glad to hear you are setting up a schools band in Kent. Cranbrook band are thinking about selling some of their spare instruments and Sharon Mcallam will have some second had instruments at the cheaper end. She is fairly local to you if you need to have a look at instruments or need them sorting out. It would also be worth contacting BAE systems band for instruments and junior players. Also their MD, Keith Woodger may be able to help out as he was head of Thanet music school. Colin Read, the peri, in I think Ashford is pro brass bands and regually deps for our band would also be a good contact.

Kent is a big area to cover, where were you thinking of basing the band or are you having several bands in different areas?

Robin Traves, a retired teacher in our band, has also being going into Lamberhurst and Hawkhurst primary schools and giving brass lessons.

3. Texus

Texus Member

Thanks for the info. Things are very much in the discussion stage at the moment but looking very positive, possibly for a September start hence the search for instruments. Without treading on any toes, would there be general support for such an activity?

4. Bungle

Bungle Member

I think there would be general support from bands in Kent, as from what I can see, there is a lack of high quality cornet players comming through in the south east. I also noticed that Canterbury Youth band were not at the Hove contest. I hope they are still going well.

Sorry if this looks like a two person conversation, but I am hoping someone else will chip in.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. Texus

Texus Member

It would be a great shame if only your guys and bands from Essex were to be involved.....
    Come on Kent!

6. Texus

Texus Member

Have finally been given the go ahead for the project, to be based at Valley Park School in MAidstone Kent. All i have todo now is start getting hold of instruments.

Come on guys + galls, please check through your cupboards and let me know if you have any for hire / sale / long term lend.

Please, please, please!

7. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I will ask my Head of department (or "teaching and learning co-ordinator" if you prefer the new title) if she'd be willing to sell/loan the ones we have....

know there is a bass in the cupboard!

8. Texus

Texus Member

Howdy everybody!
    I'm gradually, slowly starting to get instruments for a September launch with the new batch of Year 7's, also to start up a more senior band.

Anybody got any cornet mouthpieces lying around though?
    I have non at all to go with the 5 instruments i have!

Please please please!!

9. Bungle

Bungle Member

I'll ask at band tonight.

10. Bungle

Bungle Member

I have agreement from Cranbrook band to give you the mouthpieces and I will get them to you before September.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Texus
    brass band instruments
    schools brass band system
    sized junior band
    treble
  12. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

We at Helios UK may be able to help with very competitive priced New instruments

visit www.heliosuk.co.uk

Regards