Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, egg, baked beans and spam

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

OK. Hardly topical these days but come on you wrinklies, (and anyone else so interested) what's your favourite Monty Python sketch, or scene from film etc.

I have explained this elsewhere, but for all the 'famous' sketches (Cheese shop, parrot, nudge nudge, Spanish Inquisition....you didn't expect that, did you.....) my all time favourite is the 'radio dramatisation' of the Death of Mary, Queen of Scots. Utterly inane, little in the way of script, but brilliantly executed (as indeed, was Mary, Queen of Scots ;-))

So, what's your favourite?

"...lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top ..... and spam."

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Dead parrot every time for me

"That is an ex-parrot! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies!"

3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Cheese shop sketch is great, or the one about the "waffer-theen mint" -> KABOOM

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

"but you have no legs or arms!!! What are you gonna do.. bite me??"

"Come back!!! Coward!!!!!"

5. Ministry of Silly Walks and also the one where he intends to climb the twin peaks of Mt Kilamanjaro (you know the mountain I mean!)

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

• DINSDALE!!!!!!!!!!

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Kepps. Can the other inadvertent duplicate thread (sorry, folks!) be deleted and the posts on there transferred over here?

Cheers

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

with this software, Dave... no... easier to provide a link to the Locked Duplicate Thread so that those people interested in killer rabbits and chocolate crunchy frogs can peruse at their leisure

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

'Ni!!!!!'

;-)

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

ecky, ecky, ecky, ptang!

Hmm, Cheese shop for me, followed closely by Gumbies, and the man being chased off a cliff by naked women! :D what-a-way-to-go!

Oh No Just remembered!....

The Art Of Not Being Seen! had me in stitches first time I saw it!

also the Worlds funniest Joke!

btw, you still coming over on Friday Dave?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Spam
    Mary
    Monty Python
    spam OK
    days
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

There's one sketch where two of them are standing by a canal lock and hiting each other with fish until one of them gets belted so hard he falls in the water.
    Insane but hilarious!!

Oh yeah and:

"Thtwike hi thentuwian, vewy woughly!!"
    "Er...and throw him to the floor sir?"
    "What?!"
    "And throw him to the floor?"
    "Oh yeth, thwow him the the floor pleath!!"

13. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I agree Peter the PIRANHA BROTHERS were the best.

" Doug and Dinsdale Piranha now formed a gang, which the called 'The Gang' "

" Ethel The Frog examines the rise to power of the Piranhas, the methods they used to subjugate rival gangs and their subsequent tracking down and capture by the brilliant Superintendent Harry 'Snapper' Organs of Q Division. "

Pure Quality

14. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

The mass crucifiction where they're all singing is disturbingly amusing too.

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hold on, need a quick consultation!

16. rutty

rutty Active Member

Another vote for the Cheese Sketch, though there are too many good ones to mention. Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson always raises a smile and the man with three buttocks ("is that chair alright?") is genius too. :)

"Fetch the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!"

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Another honourable mention must go to the man who claimed to have written all of Shakespeare's plays whilst his wife wrote his sonnets!

18. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

This isn't an argument!

D

19. Steve

Steve Active Member

The policemen sketch is priceless, the one where each copper has a different hearing difficulty! Also usage of the word **** has to be up there somewhere. (Sorry Mods, cant think how to put that any other way!!!!)

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

So...what have the romans ever done for us?

21. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Bicycle Repair Man!!! :D :lol:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Spam
    Mary
    Monty Python
    spam OK
    days