Sovereign v Prestige Cornet....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TuTuKu, Jan 16, 2005.

1. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

I realise there has been quite a few discussions on this already, but they go back a few years now and just wondered is people's opinions have remained the same?

I have been playing on a Sov, one from a lottery grant, which I thought I got on fine with (having not really played anything else)... however I'm currently borrowing a Prestige, which I love, and find it much easier to play in the higher register as there's much less resistance than the Sov, the valves are great and I prefer the sound I make from it.

I'm going to have to buy my own cornet before I go to uni in October, and wondered which cornet you thought was best value for money? In an ideal world I'd love a prestige, but I can't help thinking it's a little extravagant, when I'd only really be keeping banding as a hobby (What I really need is someone to tell me... yes they're great and definitely worth all the money... go out and treat yourself and don't feel guilty!)

Any thoughts?
    Thanks, TuTuKu x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice