Sovereign Tenor Horn required

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by iggmeister, Jan 15, 2004.

1. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Not for me personally I might add!

Band requires one 2nd/ 3rd hand and will pay reasonable price for it. Would need to be in good condition. Small dents and minor problems would be okay.

If you have such a thing waiting to go to a new loving home or know somebody who does, please PM me.

Igg

2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

was gonna post this anyway when i got round to it but anyhoo...
    im selling my old "blue case :!: :!: round stamp :!: :!: " soverign... its 15 years old, plays beatifully and is refurbished as new, silver laquered. comes with case etc but no mouthpiece. can post pics when i get round to taking some! would want at least £850 for it. It's my baby :cry: :cry:

3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

I would recommend 'biting Aidan's hand off'.

In my experience the older 'round stamp' horns are much better than the later models in all aspects i.e. build, finish and most importantly in blowing.

4. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I thought tenor horns were a doddle to play anyway?!! :lol:

Thanks for the replies but I would hazard that Aidan's price tag is somewhat afected by his love for his 'baby'.

We have found one which we are going to look at but we are still open to any further offers.

Igg

5. Moy

Moy Active Member

Here, here.....I agree the old sovereign is the best.
    The reason I went for my Maestro was because the only sov I liked was one of the bands really old horns.It was miles better than the newer model.

Will try the prestige when it comes out but otherwise sticking to the Yamaha Maestro with my wick 3 moutpiece...just got it on Friday. Think it's going to be fine for me.
    edited 'cause I couldn't spell think????? :wink:

6. horn1

horn1 Member

I wish I had £850!! :cry: :cry:

7. asteria

asteria Member

Oh my god, why Aidan, have you gone insane?! My old sov's scratched and dented to buggery but i couldn't be parted from it! :(

8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

well im playing on a band horn now, cos it blends better with sheona :( so, although im gutted its just sitting here doing begger all, i'd rather get someone who would use it, rather than keep paying the insurance on it!!!
    had 4 horns in the house upto last week!!

9. Shommusic

Shommusic New Member

So what are you playing on at the moment, Aidan, as a section?...

10. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

'Globe' Sovereigns of all kinds seem to be quite sought after these days.
    Our corps band has a few 'globe' cornets and half a dozen 'globe' horns and it has to be said that 'they don't make them like they used to'!
    The old ones are certainly more robust than the more recent stuff.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    one
    :P
    Sovereign Tenor Horn
    thats
  12. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

new sovs, but they are pretty decent compared to other new sovs i've played so no complaints so far :)

13. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

14. spookybiking

spookybiking Member

i sold my sovereign horn last year, £800 mint condition, plus there was a new case with it too. Then i had a brand new horn 6 years ago approx an dont even play it cos its it crap. enough sed, so i play on a band horn, but will get another brandnew horn as i might be selling my horn to get one, cos i can get them cheaper though the county hehe. wana prestige if there any good. anyone no any info about them?? pm me.

15. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

long wait for prestige.. this has already been covered in about 73 threads

16. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Like the new avatar Aidan! :lol:

17. Moy

Moy Active Member

I thought Aidan was James by the new Avatar. :wink:

18. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

19. asteria

asteria Member

Hmm, notice the 2nd ebay horn is being sold by the same guy who bought the first one. Hope he's not had enough of it already!

20. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Very well spotted. Perhaps he's trying to make a quick buck.

21. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    one
    :P
    Sovereign Tenor Horn
    thats