Sovereign (Round Stamp) Horn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BFB, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BFB

BFB New Member

I have a 'Round Stamp' Sovereign tenor horn, about 30 years old that has been completely overhauled by McQueens of Manchester.

Decided now, after all the expense to keep the Yammie as I've got used to it! :oops:

It really is mint now but I have no idea of a reasonable price to put on ebay as I'm way out of touch these days. :confused: Any ideas please.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Have you been checking out ebay? A round stamp horn was listed last week , starting price £900, Buy It Now of £950. It didn't sell. I've seen them going for up to £850 - but it all depends on who's bidding at the time.
  3. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I would expect a round stamp cornet to go for about £600 so pitching at £800 would be reasonable. If it were me I would start at £650 and take a chance - Make sure its a 10 day auction too.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would check with McQueens as they have sold refurbished round stamp horns on eBay before. You will be surprised at the prices they fetched. Did you get the gold trim added to the slides as well?
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

argh dear lord.
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... not as bad as it makes out (in my opinion!)

[​IMG] (this is one McQueens actually sold on eBay)
  7. BFB

BFB New Member

Hi Aidan,
    unfortunately i did not get the gold trim on the slides.:D
  8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I think it's horrendous :)
    Do they do them in burberry too?
  9. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

One of my sons is a chav...he'd go for that big time (sorry Mog) :)
  10. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Have you sold your horn yet? I know someone who may be interested in buying it?
  11. BFB

BFB New Member

Hi Karen,

The horn is not sold.

I'm not putting the instrument on ebey, as mentioned in my opening post the horn has been completely refurbished & it cost me a lot of money. From the posts here the money I can expect for the instrument hardly covers the cost of the work!

So unless I get an offer I can't refuse I'm going to hang on to it. If you do know someone who is really interested please PM me & we can chat.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advice on the matter (I've had a few PM's) I really do appreciate it.

Advice like this really shows tMP as a great, worthwhile site.:clap::clap:

Thank you.