Sovereign Euph for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by marksmith, Sep 21, 2007.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

My 17 year old daughter would like to sell her Sovereign Euphonium. It is in very good condition and has a good hard case. The tone is first-class. Good lacquer finish. Always well maintained. I have used it myself for several contests. Bargain £1100 o.n.o ( West Mids ).

2. zak

zak Member

Age? Model? Serial number? Bore size? Pictures?

Think you need to provide a lot more info than you have done for potential buyers, might help. ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  3. brownrob

brownrob Member

Yep, if you could provide pictures I may have a mate who will likely be interested

4. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I'll get some sorted.

5. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hi, did you get any pictures yet? :tongue:

Just a few questions...

What condition are the Valves in?
    Is it an old or new Sovereign? Whats the serial number?
    How Old is the instrument?
    Where are you based? (may be able to pickup if interested)
    But if not, how much is postage to UK?

Thanks!

6. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

If he's not replying can I hijack your interest. I have a soverign Euph I'm looking to sell. I was told to look for 1200-1500 by a local repairer who recently valued it for me.... (I'm happy at the lower end).

I have a ca. 1985 Euph in SP (has been replated somewhere along the line). Valve action is good (the valves have been fitted with replacement guides) and there is not too much wear visiable....

A few dings but nothing that stands out....

leather covered wooden case (the last style before the plastic ones came in).

Much loved but don't really get to play it :( and it seems silly to have something lying around that others could enjoy....

7. PaddySears

PaddySears Member

oh and I'm in Royston (Herts/Cams border).... but I get about a bit if that helps....

8. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

The valve action is excellent. I am at work at the moment- I am a school teacher, so I can not give you the serial number until later. The Euph is in a hard, brown, plastic case, with the Besson logo on the side, if that helps age it? These are not questions that I asked myself when purchasing the instrument, I just wanted one that played well, so sorry about sounding vague! It is well maintained and will go for £1000 if someone has the cash. We live in Walsall, West Mids. Postage is totally unpredictable these days, I would not trust the service. Mark.

9. brownrob

brownrob Member

Ah cool!

Well I told me mate about it and he is pretty interested Mark. Ill just confirm with him this afternoon

One of the guys in our band has a relative coming across from England to Northern Ireland in the next few weeks who would most likely be able to pick it up on the way, and would save on postage lol

Hope this is OK with you

10. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Just contact me with the details and we can sort something out. Mark.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Sovereign Euph
    daughter
    condition
    case
    sale