Sovereign EEb Tuba

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by CornishTuba, Aug 15, 2010.

1. CornishTuba

CornishTuba New Member

Hi,

I have a silver Besson Sovereign 982 EEb Tuba that I'm reluctantly selling. It's 9 years old, I've owned it from new and it's in excellent condition. I've just replaced all the rubbers/felts/springs in the valves so it plays like new with the valves and slides are all very slick.
    There are a few minor dings on the bottom and the main tube that passes the 4th valve but none that effect the instrument in any way.

I can also include a Paul Lawrence handcrafted mute which is as new and barely been used (sell at £150) and a tuba stand.

If anyone is interested then let me know and I can provide pictures.
    I'm open to sensible offers but really looking for around £3000 for the Tuba.

2. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Hiya, welcome to the forum.
    I think to get any interest you'll have to lower your expectation of what the instrument is worth. It isn't the old 981 that everyone wants and even if it was you're aboput 10% over what a great one of those would fetch.
    Good condition tubas normall sell well on here (and everywhere else it seems) - you just need to price it correctly and I'm sure it will go quickly.

3. CornishTuba

CornishTuba New Member

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Phil.

As I said, I'm open to sensible offers and flexible on price but had to pick a starting figure and I'd seen others advertise at £3000

The extra bits I have can be bundled with it or sold separately, again open to offers.
    Paul Lawrence mute, tuba stand, padded gig bag.

4. Bobartles

Bobartles New Member

Definitely interested if the price is a tad flexible. All I'm interested in is the tuba and the case, really. I'll PM you for more details.