Sovereign EEb bass BSP roundstamp for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by stevecritchlow, Mar 27, 2008.

1. A real beauty this one. Its not been restored at all, it's just had very little use in its life and has been well looked. You'll never find a round stamp in as good, original condition as this one.

Its a four valve 982, in silver plate. The instrument has no significant dings, and was recently serviced. It comes with a moulded brown plastic case, and again the excellent condition of this will tell you the instruments has had hardly any use.

I bought it for my band from a band that was folding up, and as such it hadn't been used or years prior to that. It's always been a spare for us, and since we have bought some new basses the committee has decided to let this one go to raise money for other projects.

Pictures are available, if you pm me with a suitable email address I'll forward them onto you. I'll shall be putting the instrument on Ebay sometime over the next couple of weeks, but thought I would place it on tMP first.

Asking price is £1800. Viewing and trial is welcome:tup We are located in Buxton, Derbyshire

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I've pm'd you Steve.

(may be time to get the camper van out)

3. :eek: Sorry, but I made an error in my initial post for the above instrument. Its actually a Besson sovereign 982, not a round stamp Boosey. From the serial number I've had the date of manufacture confirmed as 1986. A quality instrument, still a long time before Booseys started producing their later poor stuff. Really good order with hardly any dings at all, and none to the bell or bow.

Steve

4. steve butler

Instrument tried tested and approved - wahey!
    FREEDOM

5. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Well done Mr B, have you cleared all of Nasty Nick's wrong notes that were lerking around???

6. steve butler

No, theres loads of em!

7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I've just installed a fresh lot into mine Steve.
    It was full of pesky boring right notes, and it was in tune, but it's fine now !

8. steve butler

:biggrin: We should be okay for that duet now then!
    Playmates (free form jazz version), that should get rid of your neighbours :D

9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Sounds good to me, we could have a contrapuntal atonal dissonant tuba duo.
    How about a rendition of "The Bombastic Frosty, with his Hat on a Tuba Smarties, at the Teddy Bears Picnic" as a minor 3rd Duet ?
    Mind breaking music.
    Those who heard it would probably have to be committed to a secure facility. Hopefully in the next padded cell to us !!