Sovereign Brass Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Phil Green, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Sovereign Brass - West Midlands - Championship Section - Vacancies

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Sovereign Brass (David Mapplestone) have a vacancy for a first class BBb player to start immediately.
    We rehearse on a Monday and Wednesday, approximately 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham, 1 mile from M5/J1 and 3 miles from M6/J9.
    The band have a busy 2008 planned with concerts acoss the Midlands and contests that include Yoevil and the Grand Shield.

Sound is far more important than technique in our section.

Any interested players please drop me a PM or email me on philgreentuba@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  2. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Well said that man. That should apply to most BBb's in any bass section!

Hope you get someone soon Phil.

3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Lol! Reminds me of a conversation between a conductor and a couple of Bb Bass players.

Conductor: "Do I need to know whats going on at the back there?"

Bb Bass player: "If you knew the half of it, you'd sack us all"

4. Phil Green

Thanks to all the people who got in touch.

Despite quite a lot of interest we still need a BBb player to complete our line-up for 2008.

All applications will be treated with the upmost discretion.

Please contact me on philgreentuba@gmail.com

5. DanBridgey

DanBridgey New Member

I am currently with a 2nd section band looking to make a step forward. I am a student at Birmingham Conservatoire and live in West Bromwich. I would love to come and have a blow with you if you would like to get in touch with me. I play both Eb and Bb but do not have access to a Bb bass unfortunately

6. Phil Green

Thanks Dan, will be in touch later!

7. Phil Green

Sovereign Brass - West Midlands - Championship Section - Soprano Cornet

Sovereign Brass (Trevor Jones) have a vacancy for an first class Soprano Cornet player to start immediately to complete our line-up.

We rehearse on a Monday and Wednesday approximately 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham, 1 mile from M5/J1 and 5 miles from M6/J9.

The band have a busy 2009 planned with concerts acoss the Midlands, a CD recording early in the year and contests that include the Grand Shield and The International Masters.

Enthusiasm is a must.

Any interested players please drop me a PM or email me on philgreentuba@gmail.com

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  8. Phil Green

Sovereign Brass (Trevor Jones) have a vacancy for an first class Soprano Cornet & Back-row Cornet player to start immediately to complete our line-up.

We rehearse on a Monday and Wednesday approximately 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham, 1 mile from M5/J1 and 5 miles from M6/J9.

The band have a busy 2009 planned with concerts acoss the Midlands, a CD recording early in the year and contests that include the Grand Shield and The International Masters.

Enthusiasm is a must.

9. Phil Green

Sovereign Brass (Trevor Jones) has a vacancy for a first class cornet player and a second trombone player to start immediately to complete our line-up.

The band has a busy 2009 planned with concerts acoss the Midlands, a CD recording later in the year and contests that include the Grand Shield and The International Masters.

Enthusiasm, and a strong lip, is a must.

10. Snipsy

Snipsy New Member

Sovereign Brass are currently seeking suitable applications for the positions of: Cornet (position negotiable), Eb or Bb Bass and Percussion.

Based near Birmingham and within 10 mins of M6, M5 & M42 motorways, this Championship Section Band has a number of high profile events including a forthcoming CD recording, invites to Pontins (2008 Champions), Yeovil, Grand Shield and International Masters contests, plus numerous concerts inluding two at Symphony Hall in Birmingham within the next 12 months.

Aplications for any position are always welcomed, but should any one be interested in finding out more about the Band and it's ideas for the future, please do not hesitate to PM me in the strictest confidence of course.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Sovereign Brass - West Midlands
    Sovereign Brass
    Midlands
    BBb
    Birmingham
  12. Snipsy

Snipsy New Member

Sovereign Brass invite applications for the exciting and challenging position of PRINCIPAL CORNET.

Due to increasing work pressures current principal looking to step down to assistant. Immediate vacancy considered for short or long term appointment to lead the Band in the forthcoming contest and concert seaon.

There are plenty of challenges over the coming months such as Grand Shield and International Masters contests, plus high profile concerts including two at Symphony Hall.

If you wish to be considered for this great opportunity or wish to find out more information then please PM me or contact me on snipsy@blueyonder.co.uk 07736 046220.

13. Snipsy

Snipsy New Member

In our 25th anniversary year, Sovereign Brass invite applications for Soprano Cornet & Eb / Bb BASS. Plenty of high profile events to look forward to, including concerts at Symphony Hall and tour to Germany.

Based in the Midlands with close links to M5/M6/M42, we rehearse Tue & Fri evenings 20.00-22.00. Please contact us in strictest confidence at sovereignmanager@gmail.com or Steve Parsons on 07736 046220 www.sovereignbrass.co.uk