sovereign 921 cornet?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by IcklePablo, Jul 27, 2005.

1. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

I Dont supose anybody knows the standard bore size of an old 921 cornet do they?

2. Lostandfound

Lostandfound New Member

I think they're large bore as a standard, not 100% sure but am pretty certain!
  3. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

aye, they're Large bore.
  4. Syrup

Syrup Member

The old 921 was the best cornet I've played on, better than the later 928. If I'm not mistaken, the 928 was large bore instrument with medium bore lead pipe, and 921 was large bore instrument but with large bore lead pipe. I know of a few other players who rave about their old 921's.
  5. alks

alks Member

Are you all sure that it was the 921 that was large bore?

I thought it was the 923??? In our band we have kevin Robbins old Sov from when he was in the sun life sure thats a 923.
  6. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I'm positive that it's the 921 that's large bore.
  7. alks

alks Member

Ive just checked with someone i know and they confirm that it was the 923 that was the large bore.

Ill do a web search to try shed some more light.... maybe they were both large bore???....?

8. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Yer, maybe they both were. Get back to us if you find any more information. I was sure the 921 was large bore.
  9. alks

alks Member

After a quick search , i cant find much except these two pictures of the the 921 and 923 above and below each other on the cornetsite. (about 1/3 the way down the page)

Heres the link

The 923 looks slightly bigger i think... but you cant tell the bore size from the outside!. I would suspect that the 923 was the bigger bore. What do you recon?

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

It's hard to tell off that because of the different angles.
  11. ray_ed

ray_ed Member

can't you put the seriel numbers into the B&H website and it tells you ???

sure I've heard that somewhere before ;) probs wrong - I usually am ;)
  12. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

It tells you date of manufacture.
  13. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Is this the one Paul Andrews has cleaned up?
  14. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Don't s'pose you found out what size bore it was?!
  16. alks

alks Member

Ahhh,, yes .....well thers very little info on these instrumnets on the web! and im not sure how we can find out really? , i know that some brass shops have a book with most instruments listed in it with date of manufacture and basic specifications so they can id instrumenst for PX and for resale. Perhaps some one on thier next visit to a music shop could find out?