Southampton FC - Thank you!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, May 12, 2004.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

'Nuff said! :D

A few weeks ago I was seriously worried about the future of Liverpool FC - now though:

Champions League football
    A multi-million-pound investment on it's way
    Michael Owen wants to stay
    Djibril Cisse on his way

At last a chance to put some nightmare performances behind us - just hope Houllier spends his money wisely this summer! :roll: It's sad in a way that we have to be happy with 4th place, roll on next season!

So, once again, thanks Southampton!
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Aye and so does Houllier... place your bets now on how many crap french players he signs
  3. six pints

six pints Active Member

fuck off. just fuck off. grr not happy, been at work, doing revision and watching match. ive had a shit day

fuck shit fuck fuck fuck!!!

4. six pints

six pints Active Member

whats with all the fucking beeps???!!!
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yeah, thanks southampton. Houllier can keep his job now, so there's no danger of Liverpool turning into a decent side! :D
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

That's if a certain Mr Morgan doesn't give Houllier the boot if he gets his way. After his comments yesterday, I'd say GH isn't exactly flavour of the month with Morgan right now.
  7. dyl

dyl Active Member

GH hasn't been flavour of the month with him for a while now, neither has the Chairman, hence why they went for the Thai money to start with I think. Either way, whoever's in charge next season, at least has (potentially) something to work with now, and for the fans, there is at least some hope left! ;)
  8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

My thoughts entirely. I think heads may roll at St. James this summer. It wouldn't be so bad if the team actually appeared to give a *self-beep*, or that either Villa or Liverpool were actually any good, which they're not. That is what is fustrating. With the toon's first eleven playing as a team, for each other and for the fans, we would have had 4th place nailed by March. That's the real tradegy.
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

To be fair, the same could be said about Liverpool mate! To put into perspective, Liverpool now have 59 points - Everton finished last season on 59 points - IN 7TH PLACE! Just goes to show the gulf between the top 2 or 3 and the rest this season. :roll:
  10. geordiecolin

Think this sums up most newcastle fan's feelings right now:

Taken from

Somehow I just don't see Newcastle gaining their 1st ever final day premiership away win at the weekend......

(memo to travelling fans at Anfield - applaud players if desired then:

Leave promptly after the final whistle. Do not remain slumped in your seat staring at your shoes/passing clouds. Do not cuddle your mate. Do not wear stupid hats. You are not a celebrity. It's the end of the season, not a mining disaster.) :lol: :lol: also from
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whilst I can understand Newcastle fans feeling deflated and turning on the manager, when you consider the bad start they had to the season then sixth or seventh place shouldn't be sneered at.
  12. geordiecolin

Don't get me wrong... I'm totally aware of where the club was ten years and support Robson at present.. why get rid of him if there's no-one better to replace him??

5th place was a fair reflection on what has been a disappointing season from the viewpoint of the fans... this time last year, 3rd place was secured and future looked rosy. Now, for no apparent reason we have taken a step backwards. Fair enough, no-one can complete with Chelski at present financially but overall we have gone backwards. That, I think is the real disappointment.

Well Done Liverpool but remember, as we didn't, to our peril that 4th spot does not guarantee Champions League, it only guarantees an oppurtunity to qualify......

Well Done Villa for pushing all the way for that 5th spot, with Nobby down the right goals will come for you next season.

Well Done Arsenal. A season unbeaten, phenomenal. Max respect although Wenger is still a moron. :lol: