South West Trains Woodfalls Band on Radio 2 Drivetime.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by persins, Nov 30, 2006.

1. persins

persins Member

The South West Trains Woodfalls Band is proud to announce that it has been approached by Radio 2 to feature on the “Chris Evans Drivetime Show” on Thursday 7th December.

The opportunity arose through the “UK tour” segment on the popular Radio 2 Drivetime show. Three locations were randomly chosen, with local Radio 2 listeners then encouraged to outline the reasons why the show should be broadcast from each location.

The SWT Woodfalls Band featured heavily in the pitch from Woodfalls. This allowed the village to successfully beat off competition from the other locations to host Chris Evans and his show. The SWT Woodfalls Band will be featured on the show along with the popular group, the Magic Numbers.

The show will be broadcast from the Woodfalls Inn, Woodfalls beginning at 5pm through until 7pm.

SWT Woodfalls band welcomes this opportunity to represent not only Woodfalls village, but also the Brass Band movement in general. Hopefully this will provide greater exposure for Brass Bands in the mainstream media and generate further publicity for the movement throughout the country.

2. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Really hope it goes well for you all on Thursday - will be listening and cheering you on. :clap: :clap:

Best of luck :tup :D

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Great coup there Simon, don't forget to at least try to plug your fav brass forum yeah :)

4. persins

persins Member

I'll try John!

We are still not sure how much involvement we will have on the show itself but we will stil hopefully have some role to play in it all!

5. WCB_Sop

WCB_Sop New Member

Good luck and don't forget the other bands in Woodfalls!

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Fantastic Simon, thanks for this and the very best of luck.

7. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

I'm currently listening to Radio 2, they have already mentioned the band and I'm waiting for your big moment.

8. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

What I heard sounded great, well done all :clap:

9. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Yaaaaay!! Well done, u lot. I enjoyed it, and from what I heard, (5.40 on) there didn't seem to be any cheesy "brass band" quips from the radio types! :clap:

10. Bungle

Bungle Member

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Woodfalls Band
    Radio 2
    Woodfalls
    South West Trains
    Woodfalls village
  12. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

It certainly cheered me up, half way through an 8 hour trek from East Kent to Manchester in the most horrendous traffic and weather!! Well done all!!!

13. persins

persins Member

Cheers Guys!

We had a bit of a giggle doing it!
    Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to mention tMP on air! Everyone seemed to be pleased with what we did though. Maybe next time?!