South West Grading Tables

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Nik_The_Insane, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Can anyone tell me how many bands were relegated from the 3rd to the 4th section section in the South West region please?
  2. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Purely Mathematical estimations show that 5 bands are to be relegated to the 4th section in 2005, as 4 bands were tied on 38 points. This would reduce the size of the register from 20 to 16, as 3 bands go up into the 2nd section, and only 4 bands (2 from the 2nd, and 2 from the 4th) go into the 3rd section.
    Hope this helps, though, as I said, they are just my calculations, and not offical figures.
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I knew you'd be the first to reply to this Iain ;-)
  4. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Well, BOC as I am....
  5. Thats how I had it figured but not having seen the official grading tables was looking for some conformation from someone who had.

But then again Penzance haven't competed for 2 years so would be auto relegated, so does that mean that the next 2 highest averages scoring bands would go down? i.e the 4 tied bands on 38 points and the band on 37 points?? or does the auto relegation count as one of theses places??? is it 5 or 6 bands down??????
  6. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

Nik, 5 bands went down from 3rd to 4th Section (ours included :cry: ) this year.

Should be one helluva 4th section competition next year, 32 bands competing in 4th section next year with only 16 in 3rd section (yes I'm a BOC too!).