South West cornet

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Majoresteve, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

well firstly, unlike a previous thread i posted about wanting to find another band, this thread is for real and i am currently bandless.

im looking for a band any standard around Plymouth/Exter sort of area. i will be studying at Salford uni in September 06 (music) and am grade 8.

i will be working with South West Water in Exeter for my gap year, so it gives me quite a bit of flexibility within the southwest.

my personal email is the best to contact me,

majoresteve@hotmail.com will reply as quickly as i can!

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

go to soundhouse brass!!!!
    They are doing Exmouth Entertainment Contest next month... current champs.... Good bunch of people and an old band of mine ;-)

3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

If you don't mind travelling you could come to my band! We have two people that come from exeter that would almost certainly be more than happy too give you a lift to band!
    We're third section but improving (gradually :tongue:) and we're playing at Exmouth Contest next month aswell :D

and i'm sure you'd fit right in! we already have 3 steves! :p

4. Naomi McFadyen

... oooooor there's Lympstone who rehearse just outside of Exeter ;)
    Soundhouse's rivals :lol:

(remember, go to the best to get the most out of a good experience before coming upto uni ;) )

5. persins

persins Member

I used to go to Exeter Uni and have played for a number of bands down that way!
    Lympstone SWT Brass band are a fantastic bunch of people and are a good band. They are probably the closest to Exeter as they rehearse in Lympstone village, just on the way to Exmouth. They are a good 2nd section band.

Torbay Brass rehearse in Torquay and were a good laugh when I was there. They were 1st section when I was there.

South Molten were also there or there abouts, although I never actually got to play with them while at uni. Heard some interesting stories though!!

Totnes are also around the Torquay ish way. Main rivals of Torbay so I don't know a great deal more about them.
    There is also Soundhouse, Crownhill (Plymouth) and then others further out into the wilderness.

If you are happy with travelling and want championship level bands, then your best bets maybe City of Bristol, Polysteel Flowers or Bodmin from Exeter but that will take more time out of your life. Feel free to contact me via MSN or PM me if you want to know more about these bands.

Cheers,
    Simon

6. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

i was trying to find their contact details, but i cant find anything.,

im sure your know Naruco

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If remember correctly, their website had been subjected to a raid by hackers, and the link was removed. Hopefully someone can come up with an up-to-date contact for you.

8. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

try us - Lympstone!

I play for Lympstone Band, just 15 mins from exeter and we are always looking for new players interested in playing around our area. If you want any more details my email is bryonysnell@hotmail.com.
    Our website is www.lympstoneband.co.uk if you wanna take a look at it.
    We are a friendly bunch who are always up for a laugh and to top it off do very well - we are currently the highest ranking band in Devon.
    We too will be a Exmouth Contest if you were thinking of coming on saturday?

Cheers
    Bryony

9. Naomi McFadyen

Yes, and with the new name of Soundhouse Brass, the URL to their website changed to www.soundhousebrass.com as well... ;)

Steve PM'ed me a while back and I gave him someones phone number and he's been in touch etc etc :)