South Molton Town Band welcome a new Musical Director

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by meandmycornet, Aug 25, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

South Molton Town Band is thrilled to announce the appointment of Terry Treherne as their Musical Director.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3168/terryxt3.th.jpg

Terry Treherne is an enthusiastic devotee of brass bands and acquired his musical education through the Salvation Army in Bristol. Later he became a peripatetic teacher of brass and in this capacity formed and conducted many school bands.

In 1989, Terry was appointed Musical Director of Alder Valley Brass, a championship section brass band based in
    Aldershot, Hampshire. During his time there, he led them to several contest successes including the Southern Counties Area Qualifying Contest in March 1991 to enable the band to play in the National Championship Finals in the Royal Albert Hall. Terry has conducted several well-known brass bands in various parts of the country as well as Salvation Army Bands in Exeter and Hillingdon.

In addition to conducting, Terry has composed and arranged a large number of choral, instrumental and orchestra pieces, although the majority of his works have been for brass bands.

Terry and the band are looking forward to a successful time together as they progress to the 2nd section as of 2007 and are currently busy putting together a new programme of music for Exmouth Entertainment Contest and forthcoming concert engagements.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial)Bristol
    Musical Director.
    Terry Treherne
    FONT=Arial
    South Molton Town Band
  3. RMQ

RMQ Member

Congraulations on finding a new MD. Hope you make a great team and best of luck at Exmouth, Sorry I am unable to help you out.

4. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

'tremendous!' :tongue: Good luck with your new MD, hope it all goes well! x

5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

He's soooooooooo lovely! I'm really enjoying playing under him! Shame I'm not going to be around much after the next 3 weeks :(

Terry will be taking us to his first contest with us in just under two weeks at Exmouth.... the band are working really hard on a new programme of (absolutely fantastic!!) music and really looking forward too it!

Fi
    xx

6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Best of luck to Terry and the band. I had the pleasure of playing for him at Alder Valley during the most successful period for that band. He is a fine musician and a real pleasure to work with. I'm sure that you will enjoy Terry's leadership and many successes in concerts and contests during your time together.

David

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

I never realised you were southern!

8. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I lived in the south for a short time, working in an educational capacity! I learnt the error of my ways on the M25.

'Journey into Freedom' under Terry T was one of the highlights of my time down there. A good job it didn't involve the orbital motorway...

Cheers
    D

9. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Thanks Mark! we're also sorry you can't help us out - a bit light in the bass section, but playing well. have a great holiday!

10. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

'Journey into Freedom' under Terry T was one of the highlights of my time down there. A good job it didn't involve the orbital motorway...

Cheers
    D[/quote]

I'd remeber you to him but I don't think he'd recall a straightmute :biggrin: .

He's working us hard but great rehearsals!

11. Highams

Highams Member

I was with Dave and Aldershot Band on that 'Journey' at the London Areas (runners-up. March 1990), my last contest with them, brilliant day!

Terry is a great MD and I wish you all the very best together.

CB

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial)Bristol
    Musical Director.
    Terry Treherne
    FONT=Arial
    South Molton Town Band