South Milford Brass - current vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SMB, Oct 13, 2006.

1. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass are looking for a Solo Baritone player to complete their band for forthcoming concerts and contests.
    We are an ambitious and friendly 4th section band who will be competing at the North of England area in march 2007.
    We are based in Snaith which is close to the M62 J34 and reherse on a friday night 7.30pm - 9.30pm in the Old Grammar School Snaith.
    If you would like further info please send me a pm or you can contact our MD Richard Wilton who is EEb Bass at Grimethorpe Band on 07973 442249 or E mail him at richardwilton@nesyork.org

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    South Milford Brass
    Solo Baritone Player Guys
    Need
  3. JR

JR Member

..I'm just interested - are you competing in the Northern Area at Darlington? - I thought the old Hambleton Brass/Sherburn band always competed at Bradford
    It seems a bit odd Wetherby and Garforth and Kippax competing in Yorkshire, but South Milford having to go up the A1.

John R

4. SMB

SMB New Member

Thanks for your interest. South Milford Brass will be competing in the North of England area at Darlington in March 2007. You are correct that the old Hambleton Brass used to contest at Bradford but then the regions were changed. Ithink this was because they were short of bands in the north east (correct me if I'm wrong) so we got moved to Darlington. All bands located in East Yorkshire and North Yorkshire which South Milford Brass was now play at Darlington. In saying this South Milford Brass now practice is Snaith which is just inside East Yorkshire so we are still in the North of england areas.

5. JR

JR Member

Thanks for that - you're right about the North East being short of bands (particularly 2nd/3rd section) but it's getting a bit out of hand - last year's 4th section winners (Barton) must be geographically nearer to LIncoln than Darlington.
    When I used to conduct EYMS (1998/99) at the area though, I was pleased it was the Dolphin Centre and not St Georges Hall as it was forthem a few years earlier - otherwise they (probably) wouldnt have qualified for the RAH!

John R

6. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass are still looking for a Solo Baritone player to complete their band for the area in March. Anyone out there looking for a band who only practice one night a week but have full rehearsals, please send me a pm or contact our MD Richard Wilton on the above details.

7. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass are looking to find a someome to complete their Euphonium and Baritone section. Either 2nd Euph or 1st Baritone as we could reshuffle the section to complement the right player.
    If you are interested in joining this happy progressive 4th section band who only practice once a week with full rehearsals and who have just progressed into the semi-finals of the Kippax Entertainment Contest beating two higher section bands, then please send me a pm or contact our Musical Director Richard Wilton on 07973 442249.

8. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass are looking for a front row cornet player, preferably to sit next to principle cornet. We are also still looking for someone to fill the Euph/Baritone section as in above thread. Anyone interested please contact our MD Richard Wilton on 07973 442249 or send me a pm.

9. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass are looking for a percussionist, preferably a kit player to complete their band for forthcoming contests and concerts. We have just won the second semi-final of the Kippax Entertainmet Contest and will be competing in the final in November, aswell as entering the Malton Entertainment Contest.

If you are interested in joining a friendly and enthusiastic band who only rehearse once a week on a friday night then please contact our MD Richard Wilton on 07973 442249.

10. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

South Milford Brass Cornet Vacancy!

The South Milford Brass Band,require an assistant principal cornet player!After a very Successful year,reaching the final of the very first Kippax Entertainment Contest.And gaining runners up spot at this years Malton Contest,a strong addition to our Cornet section is required.
    The band Rehearse just one evening a week, Fridays 7.30pm-9.30pm does this sound like your sort of banding?We have no less than 25 at rehearsals and there a commited bunch.If you fancy a blow give me a Call on 07973 442249 or pm me!

Regards Richard Wilton(MD SMBB)

11. flugelman

flugelman Member

After helping SMBB out at Kippax and Malton can I just say to anyone thinking of applying for this position- DO IT!!! They are a fantastic band, a fantastic bunch of people led by a fantastic MD.

In my opinion this is an excellent opportunity at a truly excellent band

David

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    South Milford Brass
    Solo Baritone Player Guys
    Need
  13. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

With a very exciting 2008 in prospect,we still require a cornet player to join the front row! FANCY IT?
    Then give me a call for an informal chat!

Regards Richard Wilton(MD SMB)07973 442249

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  14. SMB

SMB New Member

Due to work commitments South Milford Brass now require a Principal Cornet.

If you are interested in this position please contact our MD Richard Wilton on 07973 442249 or email richardwilton@nesyork.org or send me a pm.

Claire Bramley
    Secretary
    South Milford Brass

15. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

Still Looking for a Top Man or Lady!

Regards Richard Wilton richardwilton@nesyork.org (07973 442249)
    Musical Director
    South Milford Brass.

16. SMB

SMB New Member

South Milford Brass still require a front row cornet player.
    Principal cornet is available to the right person due to our current principal cornet player wanting to move down the line due to work committments.
    If you are interested in this position or would like to join our front row then please get in touch.

We are going to the National Finals in September as 4th Section North of England Champions, and will be a third section band in 2009.

Please contact our MD Richard Wilton on 07973 442249 or by e-mail at richardwilton@nesyork.org or contact myself by sending a pm.

Thanks
    Claire Bramley
    Secretary
    South Milford Brass

17. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

South Milford Brass,newly promoted to the 3rd section from Jan 2009 require a solo Baritone player(due to player retirement).The band rehearse on a Friday night 7.30pm-9.30pm at the Old Grammer school Snaith near Goole. We have more than a full band and fantastic attendance at rehearsals,so if you fancy a chat give me a call on 07973 442249 or email,richardwilton@nesyork.org

Regards Richard Wilton(MD SMB)

18. SMB

SMB New Member

Tuba player needed - EEb or BBb

South Milford Brass are looking for a tuba player. EEb or BBb position negotiable.

If you are interested in the above position and would like to join a band who only practice once a week on a friday night with a full complement of players then contact our MD Richard Wilton on 07973 442249 or E-mail richardwilton@nesyork.org

We would also like to thank all those interested in the baritone position which we have now filled.

Claire Bramley
    Secretary
    South Milford Brass

19. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

vacancy at South Milford Brass!

South Milford Brass,North of England 4th Section champions 2008,NOE 3rd Section Champions 2009 and Promoted into 2nd section Jan 2010,Require a Tenor Horn Player!
    The positions become vacant ,due to the great news one of the team will be studying at the RNCM from Sept.The band have a sensible concert schedule and only Rehearses one a week, Fridays 7.30pm-9.30pm in Snaith, just off the M62 between Selby and Goole.Go on give us a try,call me on 07973 442249 or email richardwilton@nesyork.org

20. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

Solo Baritone Required!

South Milford Brass,newly promoted to the 2nd section from Jan 2010 require a solo Baritone player(due to current player starting a family).The band rehearse on a Friday night 7.30pm-9.30pm at Carlton Primary school Carlton situated betweem Selby and Goole. We have more than a full band and fantastic attendance at rehearsals,so if you fancy a chat give me a call on 07973 442249 or email richardwilton@nesyork.org

21. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

Still require a solo Baritone player!

Richard Wilton

22. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

Solo Baritone Required!

South Milford Brass,newly promoted to the 2nd section from Jan 2010 require a solo Baritone player(due to current player starting a family).The band rehearse on a Friday night 7.30pm-9.30pm at Carlton Primary school Carlton situated betweem Selby and Goole. We have more than a full band and fantastic attendance at rehearsals,so if you fancy a chat give me a call on or email richardwilton@nesyork.org

York University students welcome! we Already have 4 members travelling from Uni!