South Glamorgan youth brass bands in the 1980's

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Tuba tough Lips, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Tuba tough Lips

Tuba tough Lips New Member

Are any of you former members of the South Glamorgan Youth Brass bands from the 1980's. The only conductor I can remember is Dewi JONES. :?:

There used to be about four brass bands which met in Cardiff city center on a saturday morning. There was also some sort of youth orchestra that played in the same building as the bands. (I think that was in case the heating broke down and we would have a ready and easily accesible source of Fire wood to burn).
    We did a tour to Valkenburg in Holland. We had a really good time, as the Dutch seemed to like us playing Hootenanny, Choral and rockout and the best of the Seekers. We also went to the Isle of Wight for a short tour.

Our uniform was a bright red sweatshirt. I can't remember any of the names of people in the band but it would be nice to see how many are still playing etc.
  2. Pricey

Pricey New Member

I started in the buzzers group and went through all the bands to the youth band in the 80's. I remember Hootenanny and choral and rockout well, especially the drums at the end. I've recently started playing again with a local band after nearly 30 years!!