South Bank Show!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by leisa, Sep 24, 2003.

1. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hiya Stockport schools brass band are recording for this show on sunday along with Rochdale youth and Wardle school not sure wen its been aired yet but either me or Icklesop will let u all know!!! :)

Does anyone actually know what this show is?? can't say i've ever seen it meself! :?
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

day time tv tosh watched by old granny's knitting (sorry helen :p)?
  3. Heather

Heather Member

Aiden....its on in the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perhaps its a little too intellectual for you and past your bedtime! :D
  4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

let us know when it's aired guys.. if it's on one of the channels we get over here, I might even watch it! ;)

Best of luck with the recording
  5. asteria

asteria Member

Hey watch it, you're not so far off old age yourself now, haha!! And you already know more about this knitting persons programme than i do, you're a closet viewer, admit it!!! :p
  6. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

Whats wrong with knitting, right I'm off to bed - nite!
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

il leave the knitting to the pros... p.s. helen do you do sewing too? cos my gig-bag needs a strap restitching ;)

haha ok maybe not daytime tv then, it proves im not a closet viewer though.
  8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

yeah mines stitches are comeing loose too! :p
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

see helen... a whole new business venture :) forget audio-acoustics (browsing t'internet) :p
  10. rutty

rutty Active Member

Too right it is - Melvin Bragg hosted arts show, usually on on a Sunday evening I think. Haven't watched it for a while though.
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Here's a link to the South Bank Show web-site:

They don't yet list your programme, unless you are on with Germaine Greer :!:

The South Bank Show has been running for many years now, initially concentrating on more high-brow areas of the Arts, but recently moving to incorporate more "popular" styles and artists. As has been said it is usually shown late on Sunday nights, but they have used other slots on occasion.
  12. leisa

leisa Active Member

its a tribute to malcolm arnold i think :?
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

Filming today *nervousness* :oops: they should tell us today when it's aired so i'll post it so u can watch if u want :lol:
  14. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hey so apparantly it is a film!!!!! and it should be aired sometime iun january february but i'll post nearer the time!!
  15. asteria

asteria Member

Hey, what is this, a conspiracy to get me to do work or something?!?!

I'll have a go if you want, but your gig bags will probably fall apart completely after i've had a go! I'll get my housemate to do them, she's very good at altering curtains, yeah we could set up a gig-bag repair empire, hahaha!! :twisted:
    (Or maybe not.....)
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

or persuade hitomi to go into origami gig-bag marketing ;)
  17. asteria

asteria Member

Hey good thinking!! :D
    I'm sensing a moderator type 'back on topic' stamp about to hit us......... Quick, think of a way to link origami gig-bags back to the South Bank Show, erm..... :?
  18. leisa

leisa Active Member

so my cornet was in my gig bag when we recorded the south bank show!!! *saved* anyway malcolm arnolds poorly so i think thats why there doin a film i would be interested to know if anyone knows what else is gonna be in the show cos us, rochdale anjd wardle cant take up that mucvh time and its suppose to be about 3hrs long so if anyone knows...