soup of non-joy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Oct 18, 2006.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

After a late finish for an open day at work we decided on a simple tea - some soup! my other half warmed up some heinz veg soup and was merrily eating it only to find a piece of PLASTIC in it!!! [​IMG] At first it looked like a manky plaster so how I laughed!! When he unravelled it we found it was definately a piece of thin plastic wrapping. How grim though???? :confused:
  2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My study support group had our first meeting today.... a red themed tea party! We had some strawberry cheescake and it had a HUGE long manky black hair in it! ewwwwwwwwww!
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Euuw indeed, but I think I would have been relieved at it being plastic wrapping rather that someones old plaster. [​IMG]

I once found what looked like a piece of lead at the bottom of a back of crisps. I got the dinner lady (yes it was a long time ago ) to send it back to the manufacturers for me and a week later I had a parcel of 10 packets of crisps sent to me.
  4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

In days gone by when money was a lot tighter :biggrin: I was persuaded to shop at Netto. I opened a tin of sweetcorn. I saw what looked like a length of kernels stuck together in a row only to realise it was a caterpillar! :eek: Hence I never have been able to shop there since. :frown:
  5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Oooh was it blue? I found something like that in my chrunchynut clusters once- it almost looked a bit like a piece of blue rubber glove had got mixed up into it and covered in the honey stuff to make it look like a piece of blue rope.

Did you complain!?! I had just done food tech at the time so i wrote a letter saying they obviously werent carrying out there crtical control checks etc properly. I got a five pound voucher in return. tho for some strange reason i wasnt that keen to go and buy another kelloggs cereal right away?!:confused:
  6. leisa

leisa Active Member

u should complain and get compo Rach, either that or ull end up with a years supplie of heinz :-? , If it was Baxters then i'd suggest u did that...

p.s i dont want none of this when u come to stay with me there better be no plastic in the curry ur makin me!! :p
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I remember when I was a first year student I was in fully catered halls of residence, and one of my friends found a nail clipping in her dinner. Don't think anybody got compensation though!
  8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am definately going to send it back to them and see what freebies I can get !! :biggrin:
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Did he still eat it though? A bit like green crisps, leave them until the end and then eat them anyway?!
  10. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

URRRGGGHHHHH. I hate tinned soup anyhow!