soup of non-joy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Oct 18, 2006.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

After a late finish for an open day at work we decided on a simple tea - some soup! my other half warmed up some heinz veg soup and was merrily eating it only to find a piece of PLASTIC in it!!! [​IMG] At first it looked like a manky plaster so how I laughed!! When he unravelled it we found it was definately a piece of thin plastic wrapping. How grim though???? :confused:

2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My study support group had our first meeting today.... a red themed tea party! We had some strawberry cheescake and it had a HUGE long manky black hair in it! ewwwwwwwwww!

3. Di

Di Active Member

Euuw indeed, but I think I would have been relieved at it being plastic wrapping rather that someones old plaster. [​IMG]

I once found what looked like a piece of lead at the bottom of a back of crisps. I got the dinner lady (yes it was a long time ago ) to send it back to the manufacturers for me and a week later I had a parcel of 10 packets of crisps sent to me.

4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

In days gone by when money was a lot tighter :biggrin: I was persuaded to shop at Netto. I opened a tin of sweetcorn. I saw what looked like a length of kernels stuck together in a row only to realise it was a caterpillar! :eek: Hence I never have been able to shop there since. :frown:

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Oooh was it blue? I found something like that in my chrunchynut clusters once- it almost looked a bit like a piece of blue rubber glove had got mixed up into it and covered in the honey stuff to make it look like a piece of blue rope.

Did you complain!?! I had just done food tech at the time so i wrote a letter saying they obviously werent carrying out there crtical control checks etc properly. I got a five pound voucher in return. tho for some strange reason i wasnt that keen to go and buy another kelloggs cereal right away?!:confused:

6. leisa

leisa Active Member

u should complain and get compo Rach, either that or ull end up with a years supplie of heinz :-? , If it was Baxters then i'd suggest u did that...

p.s i dont want none of this when u come to stay with me there better be no plastic in the curry ur makin me!! :p

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I remember when I was a first year student I was in fully catered halls of residence, and one of my friends found a nail clipping in her dinner. Don't think anybody got compensation though!

8. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am definately going to send it back to them and see what freebies I can get !! :biggrin:

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Did he still eat it though? A bit like green crisps, leave them until the end and then eat them anyway?!

10. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

URRRGGGHHHHH. I hate tinned soup anyhow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice