Soundhouse Brass Plymouth.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by IanHeard, Jul 9, 2003.

1. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Plymouth`s Soundhouse Brass req Cornet Players.

Edit: for curent vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

We are a progressive and improving band based in a purpose built community music facility in Estover, Plymouth.
    Owing to a couple of our Cornet Players leaving for University in the autumn, we would love to hear from experienced players who would like to meet a new challenge.
    The band rehearses on tues and thurs evenings , please get in contact through this forum or e-mail

Ian Heard.
    Soundhouse Brass.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  2. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Soundhouse Brass (Plymouth) .

We are a successful and rapidly improving band based in a purpose-built community music facility attached to Estover Community College in Plymouth.
    We currently have vacancies for a Tenor Trombone (Principal position
    available) and experienced Tutti cornet players.
    We rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays at The Soundhouse.
    Contact 01822 611168 for further details.
    Ian Heard.
    Soundhouse Brass
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2005
  3. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Any front row cornet players out there?

Friendly and progressive 2nd section band based in Plymouth are still on the look-out for a couple of committed tutti cornet players to help complete our line-up.
    We have recently had 3 or 4 new players join and feel the band is on the up.
    We would especially like to hear from any Students who are going to be studying in the Plymouth area in the autumn and are keen to keep up their banding.
    Ian Heard
    Soundhouse Brass.
  4. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Tutti cornets req. South-west.

Thriving 2nd section Plymouth based band with good quality rehearsal facilities and varied diary of concerts and contests requires 1 or 2 competent front row cornet players to complete our line-up.

contact Ian Heard on 01822 611168.
    Soundhouse Brass.
  5. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Tutti Cornet req. for West of England band.

Soundhouse Brass(Plymouth) are after a Tutti cornet player to complete our line-up ready for the Area`s next year.
    The band has excellant rehearsal facilities at the Soundhouse in Estover and a varied concert and contest diary.
    The band would especially welcome students as we have an increasingly young membership.
    We rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday nights (1930 to 2130 hours).
    Give me a ring on 01822 611168 if you fancy checking us out.
    Ian Heard.
    Soundhouse Brass.
  6. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Soundhouse Brass Recruiting.

Plymouth based band would love to hear from Horn and front row cornet players who fancy playing with a good quality 2nd section band.
    The band attends 4/5 contests a year and plays to capacity audiences at its regular concerts at the "Soundhouse" itself.
    Forthcoming engagements include Dartmouth Regatta and the Westcountry Balloon Fiesta.
    Call Emma on 01822 611168
  7. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Plymouth Based Band.

Soundhouse Brass of Plymouth requires competent front row cornet players after the Area Contest.
    We are a successful 2nd section band based in the Estover Area of Plymouth.
    Under our conductor Denzil Stephens we are planning to attend the Bugle/Exmouth Contests and also have more hugely popular concerts in the Soundhouse itself in the pipeline.
    Visit to see what we`re about, or phone in confidence 01822 611168.
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Good luck Kirmat with your recruitment but also don't forget that you can add your band (if you've not done so already) to the tMP Band Links Directory. Simply click here to do so.
  9. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Any Students coming to Devon?

Soundhouse Brass based in Estover Plymouth would love to hear from any students in the area who wish to carry on their brass playing (or percussionists!) while studying in glorious Devon.
    We are a well organised and successful band at the top end of the 2nd section with excellent rehearsal facilities.
    We fully understand that your commitment might not be 100% due to your studies etc.
    but feel free to come along and have a blow on a Tuesday or Thursday night.
    We have a specific need for one or two tutti cornets, but we would welcome anyone!
    Give us a call on 01822 611168 or PM me if you wish or visit

Ian Heard
    Soundhouse Brass
  10. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Vacancies Devon Band.

Please see later posts for up to date vacancy news.

Thank you. :)

Soundhouse Brass based in Estover Plymouth have the following vacancies:-

Front Row Cornet.

Tenor Horn.

Percussion (Kit & Tuned).

The Band regularily plays to sell out audiences in its own auditorium and balance`s this with 3 to 4 contests per year.

We rehearse twice a week (tues & thurs) and our bandroom is only 1 minute from the A38 Plymouth Parkway.

Contact Ian on 01822 611168 or our MD Mike Faro on 01752 842832
  11. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I played a few gigs with Soundhouse last summer and they seemed a really friendly band. Good luck with finding the players Kirmat but if you need a solo cornet player for a gig just let me know, its not too far to come and help you out...really enjoyed playing Epic Symphony with you last year!!
  12. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Further to the above, the band would welcome any students who are planning to come to Plymouth in the autumn to study.
    The band are going to attend the contests in Exmouth and Torquay, and as well as recording its first CD in October, we`re planning also to attend the Whit Marches for the first time also next year.

Many thanks tam-tam2 for your message and help last year, we could very well be in touch!
  13. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Vacancies Update 21/10/2007.

The previously mentioned vacancies for Tutti Cornets and Horn players we are delighted to say have now been filled!
    We are still on the look out for full time percussion players kit/tuned and a Bb Bass player to complete our line-up.
    The band is at the top of our region`s 2nd section grading table and is enjoying well attended and quality rehearsals under it`s new M.D. Gary Pumford.
    To join the "Team" call Ian on 01822 611168 (in confidence).
  14. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

The vacancy for a full time percussion player on kit has now been filled! :)
    Still looking for a Bb flat bass and tuned percussion players.
  15. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

After competing at the WoE contest at Torquay recently the band under new M.D. Gary Pumford are now graded in the 1st section as from the 1st of January 2009!:)
    We are seeking to strengthen the band and we would like to invite applications for the following players-
    x2 Tutti Cornets.
    x2 Percussion (kit and tuned).
    Any player for that matter is free to come along for a blow and will be assured of a warm welcome.
    The band would welcome any students coming to Plymouth in the autumn to also get in touch.

PM or call Ian or Emma on 01822 611168 for further details.
  16. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Good luck to you soundhouse a well deserved promotion for you hope you do really well in the 1st section next year. X
  17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Rolle College is relocating to Plymouth as of September, and I'm going with them! I have no intention of leaving Lympstone, but if you ever need any help for concerts etc just give me a shout! :)
  18. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Thanks Both!:)
    Don`t worry Liz, we know your Lympstone through and through and thanks for the offer of help, we could be in touch!
    We are aware of the music course moving to Plymouth Uni and may I be the first to welcome you to the fine City of Plymouth, home of Soundhouse Brass and Ivor Dewdney`s pasty`s!! :)
  19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hi Ian!

Firstly, congratulations on your 3rd place at Torquay, a shame you missed out on a trip to the Finals in Harrogate, where I am sure you would have done well but I suppose promotion to the First Section sweetens the pill a little bit!!

Missed you last weekend, you must have come and gone before we had got there. Anyway, I see you are after a few solo cornets at the moment - I am sure you know that I will help you out whenever needs be - just let me know!!

Good luck with the recruiting!!:)

All the best and congrats to you, Emma, Gary and the rest of the band on your result and promotion. Well deserved!!:)
  20. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Any `Janner` banders out there?....
    Soundhouse Brass based in Plymouth Devon requires Euphonium and Cornet players in particular or any brass or percussion players, in preparation for the new contest season in september.
    The band enjoys high quaility rehearsals and concerts at the newly refurbished Soundhouse under it`s new and talented MD Simon Badge. The Band is looking to augment the recent arrival of some old and new faces with players who wish to help Simon in taking the band back to it`s pre-eminent place in the Devon banding scene.

Ian Heard.
    01822 611168 or PM in confidence.
    On behalf of the Soundhouse Brass Commitee.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010