Soundhouse bag a new M.D.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by IanHeard, Jul 30, 2006.

1. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Soundhouse Brass based in Plymouth are delighted to announce the appointment of Mike Faro as its new Musical Director.:)

After a number of years living in South Wales, Mike is coming home to Cornwall and has agreed to succeed Denzil Stephens as our next M.D.

Mike is a brass bander through and through, and has impressed the band with his insistence on quality playing at all times.

Mike`s experience as a player and conductor we hope will inspire the band to move up a level, and if Mike`s dry sense of humour is anything to go by, its going to be an interesting journey!

Welcome back to Oggieland Mike! :)
    I.H.
    Soundhouse Brass Commitee.
    Plymouth.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mike Faro
    M.D. Soundhouse Brass
    Soundhouse
    Musical Director.
    Plymouth
  3. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Well done Soundhouse, you have a good man there. Shame we wont cross swords again, Mike, Will miss you in South Wales.
    Good Luck.

4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

His sense of humour was certainly interesting the other Saturday night at 'The Music of the Night' gig in Plymouth......I helped you out on cornet! He even got some Welsh pronouciation correct in All Through the Night.....very impressive but I think he was a little scared of the Piper!!

How anyone would want to move back to Cornwall after sampling the delights of South Wales baffles me though........:) :rolleyes:

5. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Pah!

Congrats and good luck Soundhouse! There's nothing better than having a Cornish conductor! :)