Soundcards for PC's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Sharpy, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I'm looking to upgrade my Soundcard as the one that came with my PC is pretty pants. I do a lot of stuff using Sibelius and want to do some recording too via my mini disc player.

Anyone got any suggestions?
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Depending upon your budget of course, why not go for an external synth/keyboard? Much better sound reproduction than a sound card and a set of keys to boot. You can hook this up to your PC via Midi and record directly into the PC via the keys as wel... play as you go!l

Other than that, there are excellent sound cards available from £100/150 upwards...
  3. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I see where your coming from, but I have a severe lack of space where my PC is set up and I play the piano with a pair of boxing gloves!!!!!!
  4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

naruco (who is sat next to me) says, she knows exactly what you want... she'll post it up later!
  5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

7. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I looked at the audigy 4 and was just a bit worried it might be just a bit too much!!!! As in, do I really need all the bits and bobs on it!!
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I have one of the Audigy cards.... the zs I think.... I'll get the exact model when I get home (still at sarahs....) anyhooooo.... it's fantastic.... got a box on the outside which you can plug ya mini disk and things into it... there's LOADS of software with it... including WaveLab lite.... Cubase.... etc.... and some random games as well.... All in all, worth the £200 that I spent on it.... and the sound card is AWESOME for Sib play back :)

Highly recommended! :biggrin:
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Mines the Audigy 2ZS
  10. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I went and got the Audigy 4!!! Its pretty awesome, now I just need to work out how to get all the cool soundfont sounds Ive downloaded to work with Sibelius!!