Sorry I Was Late For Rehearsal Because......

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GINSTER, Oct 14, 2004.

1. GINSTER

GINSTER New Member

I Was Reading Another Thread Earlier Today Which Prompted Me To Think Of All The Lame Excuses That Have Been Used In My 27 Years Of Banding.

I Would Be Most Interested To See Who Has Come Across The Most Original Ones During Their Time In Banding.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    paper
    excuse
    papergirl
    papers
    band
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

One excuse that I was given for being late was that the family hamster had died.
    It was so funny it had to be true.

4. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

We had someone turn up exactly an hour late for a Sunday evening rehearsal, on the same day as the clocks changed. He had obviously gone through all day without noticing!

The all time classic I have heard is: "I'm sorry I'm late, it took me longer to shave than I thought"

Tim.

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Rooke band in Gibraltar. Our percussionist's excuse for not making practice was that he had to buy a birthday card for his brother in law and was stuck in Safeway deciding which one to buy!

6. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

the best one i've heard is "sorry i'm late, i forgot my instrument":eek: (and despite popular opinion of my ditziness it wasn't me!)

7. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Once came across one from a Bb Bass player ... "Our landlord is inspecting our rooms so we need to clean them up" ... that was an excuse for not turning up mind. There have been plenty of others from the same individual, perhaps Ploughboy, 2MD and any others can enlighten us on some of the more recent ones. :D

8. BTM Jordan

BTM Jordan New Member

yippeeeee

Our Bass player claimed he could not get to band due to very heavy fog, it was summer and a clear starry night!!!!!!:oops:

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I can't remember if we were just late or completely missed band, but it was because we slammed our kitten in the couch and had to take her to urgent care.

My wife and I decided to have our own little slumber party and watch a movie. So we opened the fold out couch in our family room (where our TV was). The next day I closed the couch back up as we were tidying about and I heard some thumping. Our kitten was shut inbetween the cracks of the coach where it folds together and couldn't breathe enough to meow, so she kept hitting her paw against the side of the couch to get our attention. It is quite funny now that our cat is about 9 and sitll in quite good health, but at the time we had a difficult time explaining that one to the director.

10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: poor cat!!

11. GINSTER

GINSTER New Member

Poor Cat!!

POOR CONDUCTOR MORE LIKE NOW THAT IS A VERY LAME EXCUSE IF EVER I'VE HEARD ONE:shock:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    paper
    excuse
    papergirl
    papers
    band
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

This beats them ALL:
    A band i used to play in(NO NAMES MENTIONED)
    The Trombone player rang up to say that he could not make band practise because:"THE DOG HAD JUST S*** on his music that we were playing at a CONTEST"
    BEAT THAT!!

14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Another one from the same player of that band.
    They were stuck in traffic.(Arrived 1 hour Late)
    But all it took for them to walk was 15 minutes to the band room if he would have walked it

15. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

this one isnt late as such, but it makes the band start playing pieces late...
    it seems to be a favourite of a certain bass trombone player, he turns up to band, to realise hes forgotten his music, so he has to trundle off home, to get it to come back!

16. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i think i know him....:rolleyes:

17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well we had that one last night...

One for not turning up at all: I drove round a roundabout and felt sick so I went home...:rolleyes:

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well, before anyone else posts it...

There was a day once when I was late for a concert (arrived 5 minutes before we cracked into the first march... perfect timing in my book...) where my excuse was

"Well, I sort of forgot we had a concert today, so when you called, I had to get up off my mate's floor, find a taxi, go down to the club from last night to get my keys, then get the taxi to take me home so I could get my uniform and instrument, and then I had to get him to drive me here, and once we got here I'd forgotten the map so we had to ask a few people where it was..."

But hey, I got there!

19. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

LOL it would be hard for u to not know him aimee!!! :D :p

20. I was late for band practice last night and my bandmaster didn't look too happy so I just sat down and said nothing! Just as well cos I couldn't think of a good excuse. I was just late cos I was faffing around!

21. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

You're not that Ditzy, you've just got a dodgy first gear. Grrr...CLONK! Once your'e into second, things run a little smoother! ;) And there's a couple of other 'ropey gearboxes' in our band aren't there? Mentioning no names!!!!

Best excuse I ever heard was 'I fell asleep at some traffic lights.' :eek:

In the guy's defence, he had just come off a 10 hour night shift!

Another that takes some beating was, 'I crashed my fork-lift at the paper mill and head-butted a printing press.' He did turn up with thirteen stitches and two black eyes to prove it too though.

22. timjones

timjones Member

We had been recording all Saturday for the new "SA Favourite Hymn Settings", so when it came to Sunday, I thought it was Monday and didn't go to the Army.
    I was not the most popular person that day