Soprano Cornet Stand

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by pagliacci, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pagliacci

pagliacci Member

Can anyone recommend a stable soprano cornet stand please?

I have had a three legged cornet stand that I picked up years ago from a trade stand, the sort that stores in the bell of the instrument (not sure of the make, but it's smaller and than the the K&M types for Bb cornet). However, when I used it recently on a slightly uneven hard surface during an outdoor job it toppled over - only very superficial damage done to the instrument, but annoying nonetheless.

Any recommendations from soprano players of maybe a five or six legged stand, or one that otherwise is stable and which definitely fits the slightly narrower soprano bell?

2. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi we can supply a Trumpet stand that would do the Job.

£14.99 + £5.00 P&P

Can email you a picture if required

3. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

i thought soprano players used a spare part of their ego to hold the instrument?:wink:
  4. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Ha ha very good, mustn't have a go at Sop players, they are a rare bread indeed!
  5. popmills

popmills New Member

I use a folding clarinet stand this has given years of service and stores in the bell
  6. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

I have a hercules trumpert/cornet stand. It fits my Sterling quite well. For a better fit though you could file down the rubber top and this should allow it to fit really snuggly.

It is a 5 leg stand and fits in the bell and comes in a little cloth bag.

It was good value too.

Hope this helps :)
  7. pagliacci

pagliacci Member

ah, but that's the problem, if you turn around too quickly your ego knocks the instrument over!
  8. pagliacci

pagliacci Member

Thanks, I've found the hercules "travlite" five legged stand, that looks like a more stable in bell option which is compact enough to fit in a sop bell; thanks for the advice (and to everyone else too for their input).