Soprano Cornet Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by trumptedd, Aug 23, 2007.

1. trumptedd

trumptedd New Member

Just tried to order a new bach 17c when i got told bach have went on strike and it could be months before it arrives. Any ideas? Can you use pic mouthpieces on sop?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Soprano Cornet
    new bach
    pic mouthpieces
    Soprano Cornet Mouthpiece
    strike
  3. Bach 17c is extremely small! (but I know why you want to try that:rolleyes: )

Try some mouthpieces from Josef Klier (www.josefklier.de) - a 5 or 6 c/d
    Or the soprano mouthpieces from the John Wallace collection are also very nice!

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

I'm happy with my Denis Wick.

5. sop 1

sop 1 Member

i ordered one from mouthpiece express online from america and was told that but it only took around 12 days! also very cheap too :)

6. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

I always got on well with the shilke 13b

7. lucretia

lucretia Member

I use a 7C on Bb and a 7DW on sop, and like both - everyone is different and if you can get a nice tone out of a small mouthpiece then don't feel you need to change. There's no reason you can't use the mouthpiece from your pic as long as it fits the lead pipe.

8. This is very interesting as I was going to post something regarding sop mouthpieces...
    I have been on sop now for just over 2 years, and have only used the tools I have been provided with rather than looking around for something that will help me.
    I use the dennis Wick S mouthpiece and it gives a nice sweet sound but the only thing I find is that the upper register is very hard work... it may just be me being a bad player, but I'm sure there is one out there that can help me up top with out sacrificing the sweet sound???

9. brownrob

brownrob Member

Yes I suffer from the same problem with my S mouthpiece, I have a 7C (Unknown make) that is slightly easier to play higher and louder, so whats a decent mouthpiece for higher register then?