Soprano Cornet For Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by trumpetruss, Dec 13, 2007.

1. trumpetruss

trumpetruss New Member

Hi Folks

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I guess it is...

(Eb) Soprano cornet for sale:

Besson Sovereign Soprano (Eb) Cornet
    with Vincent Bach Gig Bag Case and Denis Wick 'S' mouthpiece

Sale price £600 o.n.o.

Mouthpiece & Versatility
    Includes variable leadpipe adapters to receive cornet mouthpieces, or if you screw in the trumpet adaptor it will accept Trumpet mouthpieces. Ideal for learning repertoire such as the Haydn and Hummel concertos - as well as Brass Band use.

Brass Band Sound
    When used with a cornet mouthpiece, it is easy to achieve a good "brass band" sound, which fits and blends well especially when used with the Besson Sovereign Bb cornets in the rest of the section, as it is the soprano version of the very same instrument, which has become the de facto standard for Bb Cornet players in brass banding.

Soprano Cornets are renowned for having poor intonation, but this soprano has some features to help. Firstly, it has a more conventional tuning slide than some of its Eb cornet counterparts (i.e. not at the mouthpiece) this is great as the distance you are away from the cornet is always the same, as the tuning slide is not by your mouth.

Condition & Valves
    The instrument has excellent valves which have been well maintained and looked after. The whole instrument remains dent free and is in generally good condition. The Lacquer is also in good condition.

Please see images and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

For more information please see my website HERE:

Contact me on or click contact me on my website. Many Thanks.

2. SopranoGod

SopranoGod Member

Hi Russ,

in the description is says that you are selling a vinvent bach gig bag.

i'm just wondering is this the tripple gig bag? if so would it be possible to buy just that or is it all one deal?
  3. trumpetruss

trumpetruss New Member

Hi SopranoGod

I'm afraid it's only the single gig bag, but if you're going to get a triple gig bag I'd reccommend the Reunion Blues, yes it's more expensive, and it's definitely worth paying the extra for the leather!