soprano club

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sopranoman1, Mar 26, 2007.

1. sopranoman1

sopranoman1 New Member

Hi there everyone, Im new to tMP> I play the soprano cornet and im just wondering if anybody wants to join my all new "SOPRANO CLUB" after all it is the best insrtument in a band and deserves a club all to its self.:clap:

cheers David

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David
    soprano club
    tMP
    band
    soprano cornet
  3. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

I should point you in the direction of Dave Redhead, founding member of S.P.A.S............

4. WCB_Sop

WCB_Sop New Member

Hi david welcome to themouthpiece.com.

Good luck with your club! I agree with you..

5. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Hi David, welcome to TMP.

Would love to join the club.
    You're right, we do have the most difficult job in the band,and the most challenging parts.
    Lets face it, we're heroes, and I'm sure the rest of the band would agree wholeheartedly.

6. Please accept this application to join your club.

It's no secret that we are the hardest workers in the band bailing out the front row everytime it gets too high for them.

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds like the Soprano Players Apreciation Society will be having a few more members!!!

Were is Dave Redhead when you need him!!!!!

Welcome to tmp David:tup

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

You Sop players make me laugh. You have the smallest instruments in the band and by very nature of design and construction are aimed at playing high stuff. You then expect people to clap because you can play high notes.

Now a bass on the other hand......

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  9. David Mann

David Mann Member

10. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

ye but thats after the flugel tho isn't it dave :tongue:

11. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

BEWARE ALL LEGITIMATE SOPRANO CORNET PLAYERS - News of a SCAM has been released today. If you are invited to join an exclusive club do not, repeat, DO NOT, release any personal information (especially financial). My sources tell me that this is one of the latest scams to come out of darkest Africa (or was it Scotland?). Hold on to your wallets and guard your personal information with great care and don't pay any membership fees ;) ;) :) :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David
    soprano club
    tMP
    band
    soprano cornet
  13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

That'd be a candidate for quote of the year if you'd left the smileys off!!!

14. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Ooooo....

You mean???

:D

We have all those strict rules though, dont we?

Then again, if hes better than us, maybe we could sneak him in, so that we dont have to buy the drinks when Dave's not around ;)

T

15. sopranoman1

sopranoman1 New Member

oh dear seems someone is jealous of this FREE "club" its only to poke fun at all the other inferior instruments. come on its just a laugh

16. sopranoman1

sopranoman1 New Member

Flugel????? thats what you play if you cant play the sop!!!!

17. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

hahahahahha swap you ???:p

18. John Brooks

I knew it; I just received this via email.............

Beloved Soprano Player,

Greetings in name of all fellow soprano cornet players. I am Mr. Bennet Robert Mumudo, 37 years old widower. My late wife (Dr.Roberta Mumudo) and my only son were killed during the Abidjan-Bouake Crisis some years back and playing my beloved soprano has my only comfort.

I have the sum of Ten million, Five hundred thousand US Dollars ($10,500,000) presently deposited with a financial company for security reasons and all the documents concerning the fund are in the custody of my lawyer.

I inherited the money from my late wife who was an international businesswoman and a lover of brass band music; particularly the soprano. If in your heart you genuinely and faithfully desire-to use this fund for the propagation of excellence in soprano playing do get in touch with me for further arrangements with my lawyer on how you will receive my donation to the Soprano Players Club.

Sincerely
    Bennet Robert Mumudo

19. John Brooks

Oh this is fun alright . Coincidentally, I received an email very similar to my previous post this morning; took a couple of minutes to edit it; cut and pasted it; remembered not to add any emoticons and there you have it. Incontrovertible evidence of a scam ;)

20. sopranoman1

sopranoman1 New Member

scam

forgive me if ive got the wrong end of the stick but please dont think that i have anything to do with this quite obvious scam:( :( :-? :-?

21. Di

Di Active Member

No, no, not at all David, don't worry. This is sense of humour in action. ;)

22. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Dear Mr Sopranoman,
    My colleague passed on your email and I am so pleased to be writing you now. I am sorry to here of your horrible plight, the loss of your wife and son, and I am pleased to say that I CAN HELP! It is important that you DO NOT INVEST the money in Africa, I am a business expert and can give you the PROPER ADVICE.
    1. Before I provide this EXPERT ADVICE, I must ask for a small EXPERT BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES FEE of US £50,000, which can be wired to my bank account below. I hope you do not mind, but as you know, the "best things in life aren't free"! My GREAT ADVICE is very much worth the money, as you will see. I will GUARANTEE IT!
    Bank: Metrobank Branch:
    105 Ayala Avenue,
    Makati City, Philippines
    Account number: 0007856341
    Account name: Ned Flanders
    Once the money arrives, I will help you locate your house here in the BEAUTIFUL TROPICS of Asia, arrange your travel plans, and assist to FIX your PROBLEM with the security agent. Your wife and son will not have DIED IN VAIN!!
    2. I have one other advice for you: You must buy a beautiful home in the Philippines, where I also live. This is the BEST PLACE in the world to invest your CASH! I will advise you on many investment SECRETS that I only share with my closest personal clients. There are MANY BEAUTIFUL HOUSES to choose from, and I can help you find the RIGHT HOUSE!.
    3. For travel, let me arrange your air ticket to fly here. I am sure I can PURCHASE a good ticket for you. Would you prefer to fly economy or business class? Smoking or non-smoking? I will get this all sorted out for your STRAIGHT AWAY. Let's get you out of that refugee camp NOW, GOD WILLING!
    Sincerely, Ned Flanders - Expert Business Advisor and Financial Guru