Soprano BOC

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WhatSharp?, Jun 2, 2003.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Sorry for doing this folks but this is really bugging me.

I was on the Normans website recently working out the insurance for my instrument (the case was a shocker £215!), anyway I noticed the picture of a Schilke Sop (alledgedly) and noticed it has a trigger on the third valve!, mine doesn't so either Schilke have added one (and sold out! :) ), or Normans are showing the wrong picture!

Can anyone shed any light on this one?
  2. Despot

Despot Member

I can't say if Schilkes now have triggers, but they're also using the same photo for the Yamaha sop. All the photos on that site are screwed up! :!:
  3. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

well, the 3 valves slides have got better coz mines Rubbish but ive never seen one with a trigger :?
  4. Soppy

Soppy Member

My Shilke has just got a slide, no trigger!
  5. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

. . you mean it's a trombone?
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Have to admit mine sticks on occasion (and me 3rd slide) :wink: but the valves are a MASSIVE improvement over my old sovereign valves (I did spend a month playing with springs in the bottom to stop them sticking!).

I think Normans need to sort their web-site out.

(Oh and someone tell Mr Schilke that £215 is WAY too much to charge for a case, especially when its not supplied with the instrument!, luckily I got mine second hand with a case and Beryllium bell ... :D ).

Perhaps we ought to have a BOC Sop section on the forum! :D
  7. shut it you boring old [Keppler: Deleted :? ]
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Hope that was said with a grin... :evil:
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hehe :D
  10. sopranocornet

sopranocornet New Member

Schilke slide

I think it is about time the schilke did have triggers applied. I am thinking of having mine customised.

Regards to all fellow sop players - even 'ickle' ones!!
  11. DaveK

DaveK New Member

£215 would be OK if it was a half decent case but mouthpieces fall all over the place and you can't fit anything else in apart from the cornet itself. I swapped mine for one of the ruck sack type gig bag, the ribbing I get for carrying it is worth being able to get everything I need in one case!
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I use a triple gig bag. That way I can get mutes music and everything in. Also if need be I can get the Bb in there too.
  13. bladder

bladder Member

Hmmm...Very Interesting... :wink:
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

You wouldn't need to take the music home if you were any good, hmph! :D

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

oh dear, i can see a reply to this.
  16. amgray

amgray Member

I was VERY good and I used to take the music home!!!
    I seem to remember Phil McCann, Sandy Smith, Morgan Griffiths etc. taking their music home too :oops:
  17. bladder

bladder Member

Yeah. Have a good rummage around in the bottom of your 'Triple gig bag', you might find a couple of wayward accidentals, i.e. #'s!