sop seat at Dyke....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Adamskied, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Heard a rumour last night that Dyke might
    Have a new sop player?

Is that true or am I behind the times?

A gent called Benjamin Richeton.
  2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

He played at the Oxford & District solos and quartets two or three years ago - I accompanied him playing Arutunian's trumpet concerto. Fine player. No idea about the rumour.
  3. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Artuunian and Bass Trombone - that conjures up a fine image! ;)
  4. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

5. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

Speaking of personnel changes in Yorkshire. Was interested to see Sheona White moving to B&R on solo horn but had seen no mention of Leah Williams leaving. I always enjoyed listening to her playing.
  6. LynneW

LynneW Member

It does conjure up a fine image , but Dave is extremely multi-talented and was accompanying him on piano
  7. nethers

nethers Active Member

8. PAB001

PAB001 New Member

OLeah left a few months ago as a result of a (well deserved) promotion at work prohibiting her from committing the time required to play with B&R. Great player, super lady.
  9. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Seems to be a lot of change at the moment - hasn't one of their BBb bass players gone to Fodens as well? Still these things tend to happen every so often and the one great constant there seems to be Dr Childs who always seems to come up trumps and end up with even better players.
  10. ben16

ben16 Member

Define better? Obviously all these players are pretty handy. But if you were right I'd expect to see a steady upward progression of results.
  11. Let me know when your putting your lottery numbers on!
  12. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Will let you
  13. LynneW

LynneW Member

14. Ali

Ali Member

If one of us has left foden's to be replaced by one of the gents from Dyke, then its news to me.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  15. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Maybe the other direction, i.e. Matt Wade, but that was months ago!
  16. Ali

Ali Member

Via B&R!!! I was lucky enough to be the one to take over from Matt.