Sop player seeks band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by sophunk, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sophunk

sophunk Member

Talented sop player back in London permanently with work from end of April seeks band

Have experience of contestng/concerts etc at 1st section level. Will be based in Hammersmith and happt to travel for right band. Enjoy all aspects of banding, particularly contesting. Work Monday to Friday core hours so available evenings and weekends for any functions.

Look forward to hearing of any opportunities

2. Staines Brass

Staines Brass New Member

Sop player required

Staines Brass if a friendly First/Championship section band and we are looking for a sop. Please visit our web site at
    or come in and visit us any Monday night, details are on the web site.

We are away at the Welsh Open Entertainments Championships this weekend and are busy working towards the Area on 19th March.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Band Manager
  3. sophunk

sophunk Member

Thanks for your reply Katie. Have circumstances changed, as I tried to get in the band before on a couple occasions when I was in London and was looking for a sop seat but was firmly told by Jason Pickin I had to be flexible and able to play B flat cornet also and the band wouldn't give me a sop seat.

4. tubafan

tubafan New Member

City of Cambridge are looking

HI you could try emailing Len at the City of Cambridge there looking for a sop atm
    Lens email can be found on the Bands Web site
  5. tubafan

tubafan New Member

6. steve sizeland

steve sizeland New Member

Hi Iain,
    Cold Ash Brass near Thatcham are a progressive 3rd section band and need a soprano after the areas. Have a look at the website and, if interested, give us a call.
    Steve Sizeland
  7. The Bass Boy

The Bass Boy Member

Try Epsom & Ewell Silver Band, 1st Section. Don't know if they're looking for a sop but you could look on their website. They are a nice friendly band, my brother and sister in law play for them! Google the name EESB and it should give you the web address for the band. Hope you get fixed up!
  8. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Our sop player at Fulham is missing this coming Monday if you fancy a blow on Resurgam? Simon
  9. Staines Brass

Staines Brass New Member

This is definitely a sop vacancy. If you can make it we're playing Carnival Romain at the Area and it would ease matters to have a permanent sop on board.

Next rehearsal is 21 February, please feel free to drop in.

10. The Nutcracker

The Nutcracker New Member

Hi Iain
    I know we are a little further out but Swindon Pegasus are looking for a sop player. We are are 2nd section band but currently looking for a good result in the areas in March and we should be back in the 1st section. We are a friendly but ambitious band, rehearse wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. You would be more than welcome to come down!!
    Please pm me if you want more information!
  11. Staines Brass

Staines Brass New Member

Just to let you know, we're having tomorrow night (monday 21st) off. After the hard work that went into coming 4th in the Welsh Open Entertainments Contest yesterday we thought we'd have a short rest before the final push to the area.

If you are interested in playing with us please make contact via our web site.
  12. Good luck Iain,
    lots of nice offers here, someone will get a good Sop soon!
    Will miss seeing your lovely face around the area again.
  13. thecobhamband

thecobhamband New Member

Dear Iain,

The Cobham Band has a vacancy for a Soprano Cornet player. The band rehearses on Monday evenings, and holds extra rehearsals on Thursday evenings when required. The band is well supported and has an average attendance of 25 players each week at rehearsals. For further details please visit the band's website - You would be most welcome to come along to next Monday's rehearsal to have a 'blow' and meet members of the band, and find out whether we are a band you may like to consider joining. We look forward to hearing from you.

The Cobham Band