Sop/Cornet player needs band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by burns, Jul 29, 2008.

1. burns

burns New Member

Hiya I've been playing for about 10 years and have mainly played cornet but lately have been playing sop. I live near Durham and can travel. I would like to joing a band that is contesting and has a busy concert calender and wants to win things. Have been frustrated at the lack of ambition at current band and that's the reason for looking elsewhere.

Any questions or ideas of where to try or band rehersal times please let me know. I am of a decent standard and would prob suit 3rd or 2nd section band.

Hope to hear from you soon

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    player
    band
    elsewhere.
    ambition
    lack
  3. murr

murr Member

Hi there, we are looking for a soprano cornet player at the Dunston Silver Band. We are currently in the third section and are keen to progress. We practise on Monday and Wednesday evenings at the Dunston Community centre.
    7.30 to 9.30. If you are interested in coming for a blow we would be pleased to see you. We will be entering the Durham League contest in november and also the Butlins contest in January. Both test pieces have interesting sop parts. Hope you hear from you soon. Sue

4. Malcolm Dibb

Malcolm Dibb New Member

Hi Ripon City 3rd section northern region and just down the A1 are looking for front row cornet players.We both contest and concert work and mix it with being a very "social" band. You would be made most welcome.

5. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Ripon

I can recommend Ripon City as an ex MD of the band I am still made very welcome at all events, they are continuing to strive to be a better band and they like a beer. (It goes without saying the beer comes after the gig?!?!?!?!!?) Give them a go, there a great bunch.

A Mile in the car is 10 mile of satisfaction in playing

6. murr

murr Member

Hi, Just to say that our band has a good social side too as we have a lot of players between 18 to 30.These include bowling, eating out and of course going for a drink or four!! We are only about 20 mins from Durham going north only about 5 mins off the A1 in the Gateshead area..