Sop and Bb cornet Duet "Hunting Scene"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, May 3, 2007.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

I was listening to a CD in somones car and heard the" Hunting Scene" Sop and Bb cornet duet, and thought what a cracking piece of music:clap: :clap: , have tried to trace but all my search comes up with is Duet for Bbs, is there anybody out there can help with locating the poss arranger or publisher, it sounded as if there was something to play for all members of the band,:tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hunting Scene
    Bb
    Duet ``Hunting Scene
    Duet for Bbs
    Bb cornet Duet
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It was written by A. Hudec and arranged by Tom Wyss. Described as a humerous accelerando polka. Originally published by Wyss Publications which is now with musikverlag frank in Switzerland.

4. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that then Dave?

And what band was it?

(wonders if it was with mum... cus we have a recording of Northop playing it, with my uncle on sop :p

Tom

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- as it says on the tin (... cardboard cover!) It's A Lovely Day Tomorrow! :)

6. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Aye, it does :)

How do you know that then? :p

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- the conductor sent me a CD when it was released ... ;)

8. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

sop and Bbcornet duet "Hunting Scene"

Yes tom you correct!!!,your mum sent it to me, and i really thought what a cracking piece of music,would love to get hold of it, reading previous threads i might be in luck:tup :tup Tell your uncle to get his sop back in to play, he is a good player

9. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Many Many Thanks for info, will really look into it Thanks:clap: :clap:

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- get someone to contact Tom Wyss about it because the duet is not listed on that publisher's website! It's good though!

11. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Again thanks , have emailed publisher and asked for any info or contacts, but may be closed till Mon :tup

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hunting Scene
    Bb
    Duet ``Hunting Scene
    Duet for Bbs
    Bb cornet Duet
  13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Be warned that Musikverlag Frank tend to be extremely slow to respond to emails and to send orders out. Be prepared for it taking a few weeks for the music to arrive, and you may have to chase more than once! :( Or maybe they just don't like dealing with trade customers like me??? :eek:

It's also quite common for their website not to be totally reflective of what they actually sell!!