Somewhere in time

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by livyarker, Jun 21, 2005.

1. livyarker

livyarker Member

Does anyone know if "Somewhere in Time (Barry arr. van der Woude);" is around to buy? and if so where you can get it from? i understand sellers recorded it.
  2. EflatTenor

EflatTenor New Member

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Have you tried looking on Darrol's www site or contacting him on here..?

www site:
    here: flashbarry

I know he is in the uk at the moment too. Good luck.
  4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

John, I think it's John Barry that wrote this piece ... but hey if he's on here too, have to say Born Free is ace although after playing it for the last 15 years it's begining to get a bit monotinous, Dances With Wolves goes on a bit to long but the James Bond's are all good (Collection, Best of.. etc)
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The sleeve notes for the Sellers cd list it as copyright De Haske, but their websites are not much help at the moment. An email or phone call might do the trick though.
  6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

The Sellers website is down at the moment but we are getting a new one done and it should be ready soon. I'm sure there should be some contact details on the temporary web page though. Someone from the band might be able to give you some more information.

7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

8. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

like you maybe? tee hee x
  9. livyarker

livyarker Member

Thanks for everyone's help. i still haven't managed to find it but will keep looking.I will try contact someone from sellers maybe when the website is up and running. Again it is a great cd!
  10. PeterBale

Fentone Music seem to handle de Haske in the UK, although their website doesn't list any titles! I'm sure if you gave them a ring they'd tell you if it is available. The contact details can be found here:
  11. BerylM

BerylM New Member

EFlatTenor was on the right track - as far as I can tell it's available from here:

I clicked through as if I was buying it (can't actually do so, not my budget) and all seemed fine.

That is, if you're still looking for it!

Edited to add - actually just noticed that's for concert band, not brass band! Back to the drawing baord!

Edited AGAIN to add - I really *have* found it this time!! Here:
    Last edited: May 23, 2006
  12. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Fentone are in fact De Haske (UK) and have been for some time. De Haske have a new website which does list titles, but not this one, it seems.

they are also agents for Anglo Music Press!!
  13. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Would this be the soprano solo arrangement you are looking for??
  14. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Where can our sop player get an arrangement of this for the band from?
  15. PeterBale

I've merged your thread into the existing one. It seems to be copyright de Haske, although the arranger's website doesn't list a publisher and it isn't on the de Haske website listing. It may be worth giving them a ring, though.
  16. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

I have it on order from musikverlag-frank. It is not listed on their website but is available through them. Hope this helps.
  17. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Got the music through. Few errors on accompaniment parts. Bad print in places also.