Something to restore faithin the future of banding.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Matt Lawson, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I came across this gem of a video on YouTube, and had to share it with you all.

Some people worry about the future of banding, and suggest kids just aren't interested anymore.

This may be the case in certain areas, but I ask that you watch the video posted below and see if it makes you smile as it did me.

Fantastic performance from such young players - and it's certainly restored some of my faith in the future generations of banding.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  2. We shouldn't be worried about the immediate future of banding - but its down to this generation to hand down the teaching process and skills and get young people interested - and to oversee them and keep them going.

In certain areas - youth bands are thriving (mainly in the North/West, South West), but generally I find this gets more and more localised the further south/east you get.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. vonny

vonny Member

I really enjoying watching the video Matt, in fact the part that made me smile the most, was around the 2 min mark when the rep player had a little part to play. The interaction between the rep, sop and 2nd cornet player was inspiring to watch.

4. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Yes - I noticed that!

It was almost a "Did you hear that? Bang in tune!".

He turned to the 2nd Cornet player first for praise, and then to the Sop.

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

And not a lion tamer in sight!!
  6. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

ooo this is my old band!!!! that was the day that me (principle) and andy (bumper up) had other commitments and the band still played on :)
  7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I'm also an ex member of that band, and I know the person who posted the video as well
  8. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

oooo the bit at the 2 min mark is actually the sop player :) we had 2 sop players in our band :)