Something New for Your Prom's Concerts

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by chris.neufeld, Jun 20, 2013.

1. chris.neufeld

chris.neufeld Member

Not sure whether I am posting in the right place - found the following website of music arrangements

As well as full brass arrangements, they also provide ten piece arrangements for smaller ensembles (whilst the scores are for Horns in F and Trombones / Basses in Bass Clef, transpositions are provided as part of the set).

The new item that I do not believe is published elsewhere is A.C Mackenzies - Britannia A Nautical Overture (fans of ClassicFM will have heard this tune played on a regular basis in the past year). This piece is a fantasy on the theme of Britannia Rules The Waves together with music in the style of the hornpipe. Direct link below
  2. Mello

Mello Member

There used to be a pleasant little Overture that CWS Manchester used to play quite often . Cannot remember the Composer, but the overture was Rule Britannia. Haven't heard it for years, but some bands may have it hanging around in their archives....worth looking as a programme filler in a Nautical programme.
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I've played it many times over many years right up until fairly recently. It's old, but it's a good overture and well worth an occasional outing.

~ Mr Wilx
  4. classicbrass

classicbrass Member

Rule Britannia overture by a certain William Rimmer - we played it last year as the overture part of the traditional March, Overture & Solo start to a concert set. Still in our pads.